Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Turn play question (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=344957)

09-26-2005 08:08 PM

Turn play question

First post so hopefully I got this right.

Just sat down at table so no reads on anyone, did I play this right or just muck it up?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
[color=#666666]2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, [color=#666666]3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](5 players)</font>
SB checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, [color=#CC3333]Button raises</font>, Hero folds, UTG+2 calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Nilbud 09-26-2005 08:13 PM

Re: Turn play question

I don't mind the turn bet, I think you have the best hand here often. I would call the turn raise and check/fold the river unimproved.

Student Caine 09-26-2005 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind the turn bet, I think you have the best hand here often. I would call the turn raise and check/fold the river unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you hoping to improve to here?

AngelicPenguin 09-26-2005 08:15 PM

Pots small, your hand sucks, good fold.
I probably would have checked the flop and raised/called a bet from late position seeing as the board is reasonably draw heavy. You really don't want to go too far with this hand vs 4 opponents.

lufbradolly 09-26-2005 08:16 PM

Easy fold in a multiway pot with a board that coordinated.

nh

Nilbud 09-26-2005 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, not much to improve to. I like the bet/fold.

Student Caine 09-26-2005 08:30 PM

Please post any reads on the players/table that you may have.

In this situation here, the pot is relatively small and your hand is very vulnerable (if not already near dead). I like your fold on the turn.

I was looking at the flop here and thinking that in this situation with only 5SB in the pot I think I check the flop and raise a bet from the button. This forces anyone in the pot to call two cold to win 8 (of course they can assume that it is 9 figuring that the button will complete), so they are only getting 4.5:1 odds, this punishes the first cold caller if he has an OESD, but does not hurt him if he has a flush draw. Man, this pot is small, but just big enough to make it tough to protect your hand. One potential result of the C/R is that there is a chance (albeit a distant one) that you could get a better 8 to fold.

I guess I check the flop and almost hope it checks around and the Turn is a blank...if this happens then I bet out as we are making the first caller look at 3.5:1. If I get raised I probably let this one go. This may be totally wrong, but the pot is so friggin’ small.

Nilbud 09-26-2005 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, not much to improve to. I like the bet/fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus...I just replied to the wrong post.

It's 1:30AM, I'm four beers in, and I think it's time for bed.