Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Need LV recommendation for small stakes NL (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=344617)

skaughty 09-26-2005 11:03 AM

Need LV recommendation for small stakes NL

I average about +7BB/100 at $25NL and +5BB/100 $50NL playing TAG at a variety of sites.
What would be an equivalent Las Vegas level? Where should I play? Non-smoking would be ideal.

Thanks in advance (already read the FAQ).
Scott

Al_Capone_Junior 09-26-2005 01:28 PM

Re: Need LV recommendation for small stakes NL

Bally's on graveyard kicks ass.

al

skaughty 09-26-2005 01:30 PM

What is considered graveyard in LV? 4-7 AM?
"kicks ass" = fishy?

Scott

wayabvpar 09-26-2005 03:39 PM

Pretty much every room I asked at spread some sort of low buyin ($100-$200) NL game when I was down there last week. Don't know where the soft games are, but you shouldn't have any trouble finding at game to try.

steamboatin 09-26-2005 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bally's on graveyard kicks ass.

al

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an understatement. I have never witnessed worst NL play in my life. If I ever learn to play NL, I will go directly to Bally's after 11PM and not leave before breakfast. Just sitting there watching the action was funnier than cable TV.

lozen 09-26-2005 06:26 PM

Alladin alawys has a 1/2 NL going thats loose.

Great Cookies too in the afternoon

9cao 09-26-2005 06:31 PM

You should be able to beat any of the $1-2 NL games in Vegas. Try out the Luxor. They have a $50 buy-in 1-1-2 blind structure and you can re-buy as soon as you are below $50. It was some of the worst poker I have ever seen in my life and because the chips are flying stacks get big enough to make it worth your while.

boondockst 09-26-2005 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should be able to most any of the $1-2 NL games in Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

You will occasionally find tough time. MGM and Wynn have had tough games sometimes earlier in the day.

If you wonder what I mean by tough, I mean laying down kings preflop. I can live with that, but I know at some places in Vegas, I wouldn't lay down jacks preflop.

09-27-2005 06:16 AM

You can't go wrong with the Stratosphere's NL $1/2 ($200 max), which often has beginners. Bally's is pretty good at most times of the day. The Excalibur's NL $1/2 ($200 max) also is pretty decent.

I'm not a fan of the Luxor's $50 max format for NL (blinds $1/2) because it's not enough chips to play with. Same goes for the Imperial Palace's $1/2 $100 max.

$200 max for $1/2 feels about right. Even the Excalibur's $200 max for its $1/3 game is fine.

09-27-2005 07:29 AM

I'm not sure if there is a poker room left in vegas that isn't non smoking. Best advice walk around and look for a game thats good(people drinking + lots of chips on the table)and watch the play for a few minutes. Most poker rooms on the strip have 1/2 no limit (expect for belagio they spread 2/5 and up).

have fun [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]