Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   7-handed, C/R middle-pair weak-kicker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=342920)

09-23-2005 04:22 PM

7-handed, C/R middle-pair weak-kicker

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (6 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

Just started at the table, so no reads on the players.

Everyone checked to someone in relatively late position and he bet - doesn't mean much. The pot was fairly large, so I was given 9:1 on my call, which is more than the 8:1 I needed. I certainly wasn't folding!

There were many people to act after me, the pot was large, the bettor could have crap, and I can represent a much stronger hand. All of those together tell me I should be raising and making people face two-bets cold.

When it became heads-up on the turn, I kept up with the aggression. If he raised me here, I'd fold.

Anyone think I should have played this differently?

If he calls the turn, what's your line on the river when you don't improve? Bet/fold? Check/fold?

MrWookie47 09-23-2005 04:24 PM

Re: 7-handed, C/R middle-pair weak-kicker

You'd have a case for the c/r if there wasn't a caller, but I think you're just paying too much for your draw in this case.

deception5 09-23-2005 04:30 PM

Exactly what the wookie said.

hemstock 09-23-2005 04:35 PM

I think you'll have too many weak Aces call you down here. I would just call the flop to chase my draw. I don't mind the huge field. Strong draws like flushes and straights are not folding and you most likely dont have the best hand right now.
Lock the thread now

09-23-2005 04:36 PM

Good point.

09-23-2005 06:55 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong...still learning odds...isn't it 8 to one to flop a set if you hold a pocket pair and 223 to 1 to hit your set or trips on the turn? If so, with that many in the pot, someone has an Ace and the odds are against. I fold.

09-23-2005 07:06 PM

You're thinking about completely different hands entirely. I was drawing to 5 outs, not 2 outs. With a 5-outter you're 8:1 against making it on the next card. With a 2-outter you're 22:1 against making it on the next card.