Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Good Books For Winning In No-Limit Holdem Cash Games (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=342896)

PokerProdigy 09-23-2005 03:53 PM

Good Books For Winning In No-Limit Holdem Cash Games

If someone wants to become a really good NLHE cash game player, then what books (or articles) should they read?

P.S. I am posting this in the NLHE (small stakes) forum also, since it is relevant.

09-23-2005 03:56 PM

Re: Good Books For Winning In No-Limit Holdem Cash Games

I heard that Harrington on Holdem Vol. 1 is great for NL cash games. Although it focuses on Tournament play, i hear alot of the concepts can easily be applied to NL cash games.

Also, in Miller's GSHE, he lists HOH1 as further reading to the no limit section in his book.

jakethebake 09-23-2005 03:57 PM

I was going to say this question has been asked & answered about three trillion times, but since you put the heart in front of the thread I'll let it go.

benfranklin 09-23-2005 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was going to say this question has been asked & answered about three trillion times, but since you put the heart in front of the thread I'll let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are getting soft in your old age, Jake. It must be all those birthdays this year [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

jakethebake 09-23-2005 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are getting soft in your old age

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just telling someone that the other day. I've lost my edge lately.

TaoTe 09-23-2005 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If someone wants to become a really good NLHE cash game player, then what books (or articles) should they read?

P.S. I am posting this in the NLHE (small stakes) forum also, since it is relevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're all secret and I'm not telling.

orange 09-23-2005 06:03 PM

We REALLY need to pin something about this..

rgschackelford 09-24-2005 03:48 AM

Dag, that's cold.

Brunson's NL Hold 'em chapter of Super/System 1 & 2 are very informative (they'll put you in the mood for winning), and HOH1's advice translates very well to cash games. Honestly, I believe all you need is an understanding of limit Hold 'em, then master the comcepts of implied pot odds, and maximum pressure. You know what? Just read Super/System 1 or 2. I hope I was of help.

Rusty G.

greatwhite 09-24-2005 09:21 AM

Ciaffone's works are also pretty good.

nanoCRUSHER 09-24-2005 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell the moderator to make a catch-all "What book should I read?" sticky.