Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   KK goes up against a nasty board- what's my line? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=342759)

TheRapist99 09-23-2005 12:08 PM

KK goes up against a nasty board- what\'s my line?

Party Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (13.00 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero ????

No reads, 4th hand in. My gut instinct here is to raise raise raise me aggro aaaaaaaughhh but then when I think WHY to raise, I don't think it's compelling. It's likely that I am behind, I'm not going to get a better hand to fold here either.

I don't wanna fold though this pot is huge and I don't know the guy. 3 clubs isn't fun though and with an Ace, hell this is marginal.

So the correct line is to call it down unless a 4th club comes? Maybe? Yeah, I vote for that. Am I right?

callmedonnie 09-23-2005 12:19 PM

Re: KK goes up against a nasty board- what\'s my line?

You can call down like a WA/WB line providing no more clubs fall. If he has a hand like JJ or QQ w/ club, he isn't going anywhere.

But the AK combos make me think the chances of winning this hand are really slim.

TheRapist99 09-23-2005 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can call down like a WA/WB line providing no more clubs fall. If he has a hand like JJ or QQ w/ club, he isn't going anywhere.

But the AK combos make me think the chances of winning this hand are really slim.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you'd consider throwing this away right here?

callmedonnie 09-23-2005 12:35 PM

I'd really want to have a read. I know it sounds weak, but I would consider it. But I am really not sure if that is wise. I advocated the WA/WB line because you lose the least when you are behind. I wouldn't put in any raises because you aren't folding anything and a lot of cards hurt you, and you might already be beat.

The only instance I could see a raise is if the case King comes down and no more clubs do.

The real problem with this hand is that you have no read. If a rock lead out, yes, I think I can fold.

sy_or_bust 09-23-2005 12:41 PM

I would usually fold immediately, but not in this pot. Call the flop, and consider a raise/fold on a safe turn, planning to check-down or fold a club river. Otherwise, without a read, call until the 4th club, sure.

sean c 09-23-2005 12:42 PM

The pot really isn't that big. If sb bets every street and you call your going to have to be good 1 in 6 for it to be the correct play. Your almost never folding a better hand and if your behind you have like zero outs. I would probably fold. Against a known opponent with position it might change but here I probably fold or call the flop bet and see if he fires again on the turn and decide from there.

09-23-2005 12:43 PM

Ugh. Great hand to think about, glad I'm not the one playing it. If he has AK, he either has the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Do you have a read on SB? Will he cap with AK off (or even AQ) when he's out of position? If not, then the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is out of the picture and his most likely holdings are A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], AA, QQ, JJ, TT or the other KK.

If this is the range of hands I put him on, I'm ahead right now more often than not. Call flop, raise non-club turn? Call flop, raise club turn? Raise flop? I want to hear some ideas...

I think I call flop and raise a non-club turn...

TheRapist99 09-23-2005 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd really want to have a read. I know it sounds weak, but I would consider it. But I am really not sure if that is wise. I advocated the WA/WB line because you lose the least when you are behind. I wouldn't put in any raises because you aren't folding anything and a lot of cards hurt you, and you might already be beat.

The only instance I could see a raise is if the case King comes down and no more clubs do.

The real problem with this hand is that you have no read. If a rock lead out, yes, I think I can fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

It turned out later that the guy was a maniac, 45 vpip 40 pfr... knowing that would make me more inclined to call it down. or even raise it up.

Rduke55 09-23-2005 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh. Great hand to think about, glad I'm not the one playing it. If he has AK, he either has the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Do you have a read on SB? Will he cap with AK off (or even AQ) when he's out of position? If not, then the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is out of the picture and his most likely holdings are A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], AA, QQ, JJ, TT or the other KK.

If this is the range of hands I put him on, I'm ahead right now more often than not. Call flop, raise non-club turn? Call flop, raise club turn? Raise flop? I want to hear some ideas...

I think I call flop and raise a non-club turn...

[/ QUOTE ]

With it capped PF I do like the idea he's got a pair with a club.

TheRapist99 09-23-2005 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

With it capped PF I do like the idea he's got a pair with a club.

[/ QUOTE ]

KJo, with the Jack of Clubs.

Not kidding.