Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Question about running bad (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=342560)

elmo 09-23-2005 02:54 AM

Question about running bad

What you are running bad, and solid people are starting to take shots at you, how can/should you adjust your play? I have been playing 16/11 poker, and the players who I consider competant are calling all my raises out of the blinds, and in MP, and crushing me. As an example, a 15/11/2 type calls my MP raise with A5s in the cutoff. 17/10 calls my UTG raise with 85o in the BB. Is it possible that I am playing so bad postflop that those are +EV calls? Its likely that I'm just running bad, but I don't understand what possesses a TAG to make these calls, and that is what frustrates me. When a fish makes this play, I understand his logic, but when a winning player does this, it makes me worry that I must be doing something wrong.

CardSharpCook 09-23-2005 03:08 AM

Re: Question about running bad

I wouldn't worry about it, man. As a TAG I do pick on LAGs, but when something like what you described is happening I chalk it up to misclick/tilt on their part. I don't care who you are, the plays you described are not something a TAG does and feels good about it.

DeeJ 09-23-2005 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As an example, a 15/11/2 type calls my MP raise with A5s in the cutoff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't see the problem here assuming your typical MP raise with Ax has a kicker > 5 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Emperor 09-23-2005 07:33 AM

I see the same thing sometimes, and I wonder if the TAG just came across his pattern mapper or something. Its weird seeing ROCKS that I have 100's of hands on, all of a sudden go wacky for no apparent reason. Example 9/2/1 guy raises 75s UTG, or 8/3/2 guy 3 bets JTo after an UTG TAG raise.

Its weird... Especially when they flop the nutz. I have to go get the tinfoil...

elmo 09-23-2005 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As an example, a 15/11/2 type calls my MP raise with A5s in the cutoff.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't see the problem here assuming your typical MP raise with Ax has a kicker > 5

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put. I think I am just running bad, and looking for something to complain about. Things look better at 3PM then 3AM

lil feller 09-23-2005 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see the same thing sometimes, and I wonder if the TAG just came across his pattern mapper or something. Its weird seeing ROCKS that I have 100's of hands on, all of a sudden go wacky for no apparent reason. Example 9/2/1 guy raises 75s UTG, or 8/3/2 guy 3 bets JTo after an UTG TAG raise.

Its weird... Especially when they flop the nutz. I have to go get the tinfoil...

[/ QUOTE ]

Two Words.

Loose Wiring.

lf