Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha/8 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   PLO8 - Anyone play this differently? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=342383)

jthegreat 09-22-2005 09:50 PM

PLO8 - Anyone play this differently?

I'm dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], raise the pot, one caller.

Flop is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet the pot, get re-raised, and we end up all in. He shows: Tc T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and ends up winning with quad T's.

Does anyone fold to the re-raise here? I can't see playing this hand any differently, but damn did it suck to lose it to that crap.

09-22-2005 10:38 PM

Re: PLO8 - Anyone play this differently?

"and we end up all in"

What do you mean by this, as in, how many more bets were made?

Can you post the HH?

I mean, after the repot, I'd slow down and be weary, but I'm a bit of a tighty.

jthegreat 09-22-2005 10:45 PM

It was at Prima, so I don't have the hand history (their Playcheck system is down... again...)

But all I mean is that he re-raised all-in. But in any case, do you ever expect to see a TT here? I put him on A3Tx, which would be a move seen more often... I was just shocked to see his hand.

After you pot the flop and they re-raise all-in, the ONLY hands you're behind to are TT and T2 and what're the odds of that?

DyessMan89 09-23-2005 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

After you pot the flop and they re-raise all-in, the ONLY hands you're behind to are TT and T2 and what're the odds of that?

[/ QUOTE ]

What are the odds he would make such a move without TT or T2? Do you really think he would make this move with AT? Overpair?

BTW, your missing a lot of info, like stack sizes and any reads you had.

emptyshell 09-23-2005 03:59 PM

I couldn't fold your hand.

Wintermute 09-23-2005 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ribbo 09-23-2005 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

gergery 09-23-2005 07:31 PM

My intuition would have said you are behind once he'd raised you

--Greg

Wintermute 09-23-2005 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

--Greg

[/ QUOTE ]
Greg, sorry this is going to sounds like a rag, but I laughed out loud at your post--reminds me of the psychic chick from Team America who keeps sensing really obvious sh1t... I mean, the OP has the other guy's hand sitting right there!

Seriously though, it's not THAT likely he's behind--lots of folks will raise with flopped trips... add in the backdoor low, flush, and possible bigger top full, and I think it's a real hard hand to get away from.

Ribbo 09-23-2005 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

--Greg

[/ QUOTE ]
Greg, sorry this is going to sounds like a rag, but I laughed out loud at your post--reminds me of the psychic chick from Team America who keeps sensing really obvious sh1t... I mean, the OP has the other guy's hand sitting right there!

Seriously though, it's not THAT likely he's behind--lots of folks will raise with flopped trips... add in the backdoor low, flush, and possible bigger top full, and I think it's a real hard hand to get away from.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially when it's a total donkey like this guy clearly is.