Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   anyone bet this river?? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=342359)

Dominic 09-22-2005 09:05 PM

anyone bet this river??

Villain is a total LAG...plays too many hands pre-flop.

Ultimate Bet 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

okay, the SB probably has AQ...I'm not getting the nut flush out of this hand and want all other hands to stay in, so I don't cap it.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds.

No raise here either,as I still put SB on AQ and I've picked up a flush draw. Anyone raise here?

River: (12.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Okay....if I'm correct in putting SB on AQ, if either is a spade, he's got me. You think he'd bet his straigth flush, though. Would he also check if he held the Ace of spades?
I couldn't see any upside to betting this hand. Anyone out there think betting here is appropriate??

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

The Truth 09-22-2005 09:33 PM

Re: anyone bet this river??

I don't mind just calling the flop 3 bet, but that is because I raise the turn.

Yes I bet this river and its not close.

You gotta put in more bets. I think you are looking for monsters.

-blake

Dominic 09-22-2005 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind just calling the flop 3 bet, but that is because I raise the turn.

Yes I bet this river and its not close.

You gotta put in more bets. I think you are looking for monsters.

-blake

[/ QUOTE ]

I see why you would raise the turn, but what else does he 3-bet the flop with besides the nut-flush draw and/or AQ??

Granted, if the villain does have AQ, the odds are against either one of them being a spade, but the way the hand played out, I thought there was more of a chance of him having either the As or the Qs...if he had both, oh well, sh*t happens.

STLantny 09-22-2005 09:46 PM

I think hte villian could have a HYOOOGE range of hands here, anything from JTs, to kjo, etc. The limp re-raise, at 5/10, how often do you do that? I have found myself, never doing it, but Id like to hear your thoughts.

The Truth 09-22-2005 09:52 PM

holy christ I diddnt even see the limp reraise.

Yea lord yea, villains range is extremely wide, you played weird, so villain will play weirder is the rule [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Dominic 09-22-2005 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The limp re-raise, at 5/10, how often do you do that? I have found myself, never doing it, but Id like to hear your thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very rarely do I do that...almost never with Kings...I had been getting frustrated with this table because I was getting more than my share of AA and KK, raising, and getting no callers....so I limped this one time.

Guess it worked out. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Dominic 09-22-2005 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you played weird, so villain will play weirder is the rule [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...fair enough.

jayheaps 09-22-2005 11:02 PM

easy river bet.

eviljeff 09-23-2005 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is a total LAG
okay, the SB probably has AQ

[/ QUOTE ]

one of these has to be wrong. if you can put SB on AQ &gt;50% probability his hand range is pretty narrow and he ain't no LAG I ever seen!

Dominic 09-23-2005 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is a total LAG
okay, the SB probably has AQ

[/ QUOTE ]

one of these has to be wrong. if you can put SB on AQ &gt;50% probability his hand range is pretty narrow and he ain't no LAG I ever seen!

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm...maybe you're right....I just assumed a 3-bet in this spot just had to be AQ...guess he coulda had any number of hands.