Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Big suited cards in the BB to a raise (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=341527)

Preytar 09-21-2005 04:26 PM

Big suited cards in the BB to a raise

I am moving back down in limits for a while to try to plug some leaks. Any help, advice, or criticism is greatly appreciated.

Looking back on the hand I know of at least one bet I missed.

This was in the first orbit so no real reads.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

River: (8.20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Final Pot: 8.20 BB
<font color="white">Preytar: shows [Js Qs] (two pair, Jacks and Sixes)
Schmopey: mucks hand </font>
Brian

09-21-2005 04:56 PM

Re: Big suited cards in the BB to a raise

I check raise flop. If he calls I bet until he raises me. Then I fold. If he 3-bets I call and check fold turn.

Aaron W. 09-21-2005 04:58 PM

Well... you missed a Clarkmeister on the river - that's probably the obvious one.

I would donk the turn to prevent AK/AQ/single club from taking a free card to win.

I might also check-raise the flop. It's a small pot contested in only 3 ways, so I'm not so worried about trapping the cold-calling donk in the middle (in other words, I'm less concerned about hand protection than I would be in a multiway pot).

Eeegah 09-21-2005 05:03 PM

Checkraise the flop, because we have top pair, the hand is ours now and checkraising is really, really fun. The hand plays differently this way, but if he 3-bets the flop call down.

River sucks; I suppose you could Clarkmeister this--bet out and call a raise, there's only a 1/3 chance of him having the flush, and he may fold QQ or something.

MrWookie47 09-21-2005 05:05 PM

You'd seriously call a river raise? Clarkmeister says bet, but you don't have to call afterwards.

Eeegah 09-21-2005 05:11 PM

I think it'd depend on my read on MP1. If my villain checkraised this flop, bet the turn and river, I might try raising this river as a bluff. Only gotta work one time in 10 or so, right?

tyler_cracker 09-21-2005 05:11 PM

If you're Clarkmeistering, you shouldn't call a river raise.

I think Clarkmeistering is good here, but if you really want to get to showdown, just check/call.

MrWookie47 09-21-2005 05:48 PM

Since you're raising, you're getting 9:2 on the bluff, or 4.5:1, not 9:1.

Preytar 09-22-2005 11:31 AM

Thanks for the help guys. The bet I thought I missed was the Clarkmeister. I missed the CR on the flop as well. I suppose I am still afraid of monsters under the bed, but I'm working on it.

The results are in white at the bottom of the original post.