Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   AA with Royal Draw: Line Check (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=340799)

Big_Jim 09-20-2005 02:38 PM

AA with Royal Draw: Line Check

Party $400 6 Max

I have been raising quite a few pots, but have been showing down premium hands when making it to showdown.

Villian in this hand has been playing most pots, but this is the first time that he has ever re-raised PF in the 3 hours I have been playing with him. He is about 40/8 over 250 or so hands.

Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero: $600
Villian $550

<font color="red">Hero raises to $16</font>. <font color="grey">4 folds</font>. <font color="red">Villian Re-Raises to $40</font>. Hero Smooth Calls.

Flop: (~$80) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villian Checks. Hero Checks.

Turn:(~$80) [K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Villian Bets $60</font>. Hero Calls $60.

River:(~$200) [K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Villian Bets $220</font>. <font color="grey">Hero Folds</font>.

Thoughts on all streets appreciated.

Edit: Forgot Stack Sizes

Mens Rea 09-20-2005 02:44 PM

Re: AA with Royal Draw: Line Check

I hate the smoothcall preflop. If he hasn't reraised before, why not reraise him back and give him a chance to push?

Big_Jim 09-20-2005 02:47 PM

I figure I am guaranteed to stack him if low cards come (unless he has AK/AQ), and villian could get away from TT-JJ/AK-AQ if I re-raise, but won't if he flops an overpair.

Big_Jim 09-20-2005 02:52 PM

What do you think about the rest of the hand?

LetYouDown 09-20-2005 03:07 PM

I like it. Preflop is a matter of personal preference, although you get yourself into sticky situations like this sometimes...but the benefits can be there. The turn call seems straightforward, although there is an argument for just getting away from it. You probably aren't getting any value on the river if the flush card hits. And the immediate odds aren't there. The river laydown seems pretty straightforward. Feels like K-K or Q-Q.

Big_Jim 09-20-2005 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
immediate odds aren't there

[/ QUOTE ]

pokenum -h ac as - ks kd -- kc qc jc 2s
Holdem Hi: 44 enumerated boards containing 2s Kc Qc Jc
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
As Ac 13 29.55 31 70.45 0 0.00 0.295
Ks Kd 31 70.45 13 29.55 0 0.00 0.705

Immediate odds ARE there unless he flopped a flush.

LetYouDown 09-20-2005 03:20 PM

I guess you're right, it's really close...almost exact. Based on that, I call and fold to the river bet. If Villain has only reraised preflop once in 3 hours, I'd put him on a high pair (eliminating A-K), figure he flopped a set and bail on the river.

Sadat X 09-20-2005 03:31 PM

Looks good to me. A case could be made for a flop bet and a free river, but I think this gives you more information.

Hattifnatt 09-20-2005 04:08 PM

I don't like the smooth-call at all with that big stacks. With smaller stacks it would have been perfectly ok.

Rest of the hand good.

TheWorstPlayer 09-20-2005 04:57 PM

Just make it $150-200 preflop. He has a premium hand, unlikely to release.