Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Was called "retarded" for this hand - 5/10 6 Max (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=340712)

Sully 09-20-2005 11:31 AM

Was called \"retarded\" for this hand - 5/10 6 Max

Six handed, and it is called around to the small blind, who folds. I raise with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]in the BB. UTG+1 folds everyone else calls. Three to the flop.

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I bet, UTG calls, MP raises. I re-raise and UTG caps(?). MP calls, I call.

UTG has done nothing that makes any sense for the past hour, but has been killing the game with all types of hands. I would be much better off to his left. He is NOT good.

MP is your standard table coaching weak tight ass.

Turn comes 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and I bet out. UTG raises, MP folds, and I call.

River 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I check call.

MP was the one who analyzed my IQ here....I assume for betting into the check-capper on the turn.

My thought was that if I bet out on the turn, I a) don't give any free cards to flush draws and b) am likely to get it heads up with the lunatic, which is what happened.

Good? Bad?

DCWGaming 09-20-2005 11:35 AM

Re: Was called \"retarded\" for this hand - 5/10 6 Max

I play it the exact same way...im interested to see if its a mistake though, because I think, unless UTG is a real retard, you're behind him.

fyodor 09-20-2005 11:49 AM

No reason to believe UTG has anything more than TP given your read. He could even have less.

Your play is fine.

Derek in NYC 09-20-2005 12:22 PM

I play it the same.

mindflayer 09-20-2005 12:35 PM

i play it the same.

BigBaitsim (milo) 09-20-2005 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Six handed, and it is called around to the small blind, who folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my favorite part of the whole hand.

Wynton 09-20-2005 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, can't let this comment go, as you've provided me with a chance to repeat one of my questions: if all 5 players are already in the hand, is there any hand a person shouldn't complete with from the sb?

cartman 09-20-2005 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
b) am likely to get it heads up with the lunatic, which is what happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my opinion, any action that has this result is great with one pair in a big pot. I think you played it perfectly.

Cartman

CourtJester 09-20-2005 01:02 PM

Donk betting into, i mean not giving free cards to maniacs and kicking others out of hand is +EV. Play was fine NH

iluzion 09-20-2005 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, can't let this comment go, as you've provided me with a chance to repeat one of my questions: if all 5 players are already in the hand, is there any hand a person shouldn't complete with from the sb?

[/ QUOTE ]

27o?