Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How good is your limit Hold'em SCORES (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=340438)

BabyJesus 09-20-2005 12:44 AM

How good is your limit Hold\'em SCORES

Just finished reading this book, it's a great read. Was just wondering what everyone's average score was after doing all the hands.

I ended up with 82.96% for the 24 hands. Looks like i've got some work to do on my limit hold em. Only 4 hands did I get less than 80% on them, so I need to work on those concepts specifically.

lil feller 09-20-2005 01:14 AM

Re: How good is your limit Hold\'em SCORES

what book did ths come from?

lf

rmarotti 09-20-2005 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

lf

[/ QUOTE ]

the title of the post is the title of the book. It's by Brier and some other guy.

lil feller 09-20-2005 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lf

[/ QUOTE ]

the title of the post is the title of the book. It's by Brier and some other guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it worth looking at?

lf

rmarotti 09-20-2005 02:38 AM

It's geared towards players just making the jump up to Mid/High limits and i found some of it very helpful, though i disagree with the thinking in some sections. Every chapter is just one big quiz which is kind of a fun departure from the info-dense 2p2 books.

bernie 09-20-2005 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lf

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the Breier book is called 'Middle Limit Holdem Poker'. It's a great book.

However, there is another book out titled 'How good is your limit holdem' by someone else. I just ordered that one as I heard it was pretty good. The breier book was pretty good. Lots of ideas to think about.

Not sure which one the OP is actually talking about.

b

kiddo 09-20-2005 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's geared towards players just making the jump up to Mid/High limits and i found some of it very helpful, though i disagree with the thinking in some sections. Every chapter is just one big quiz which is kind of a fun departure from the info-dense 2p2 books.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the best thing with the book is that they make small changes in a hand and then ask same question. Like: "What would you do on turn if turn was Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] instead of Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]?"

The normal 2+2 books does a poor job getting the reader to understand that small changes can make a big difference. Many 2+2books are a little to focused on giving the excact and correct answer.

Nothing wrong with that if we only played hands excatly like those in the books, but normally our own hands differ in one way or another. Its deadly important to understand what this difference should make us do.

kiddo 09-20-2005 05:03 AM

"How good is Your Limit Holdem"
by Byron Jacobs and Jim Brier

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s&n=507846

rmarotti 09-20-2005 02:57 PM

Brier co-authors this book with Byron Jacobs. I am aware of MLH, thanks.

bernie 09-20-2005 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brier co-authors this book with Byron Jacobs. I am aware of MLH, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's funny is I just ordered this book and didn't notice his name on it. I could only think of 'byron'-somebody. That makes me feel even better about ordering it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

b