Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   A6s MP (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=340403)

baronzeus 09-19-2005 11:39 PM

A6s MP

6 handed AP 10/20

Both villains are fairly laggy. no stats, no PT etc. Table reads only.

Villain in SB loves to 3bet my raises but is surprisingly weak postflop. Villain UTG loves to limp everything and will basically bluff a lot on the turn so I have used my position to get to showdown thus far.

Anyone like my flop coldcall? Or is that just stupid? River call?

Ah6h MP

UTG limps, I raise, folded to SB who 3bets, UTG calls, I call

Flop Th9h7s (10sb)

SB bets, UTG raises, I cold call (??? 3bet?), SB folds

Turn 6s (7.5bb)

UTG bets, I call

River 3c (9.5bb)

UTG bets, I call (??? fold?)

jason_t 09-19-2005 11:42 PM

Re: A6s MP

I would cold call the flop and once I paired up on the turn, I'm raising for a free showdown.

mr pink 09-19-2005 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would cold call the flop and once I paired up on the turn, I'm raising for a free showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't like this at all. the board has 4 to straight on it, and it's not unlikely that villain was raising the oesd on the flop. like no better hands are folding to the raise but you will be 3-bet some of the time - which sucks. also, i'd rather get to raise him on the river if i hit my draw and collect bets then... rather than charge myself more to draw.

ALL1N 09-20-2005 12:18 AM

By default, I'd definitely 3-bet this on the flop. If the SB calls/reraises, you've got a 3-way pot with a ton of equity. If he folds, you've probably picked up at least 2 outs (maybe 5 if he had AJ).

Lmn55d 09-20-2005 12:21 AM

I tend to shy away from raising to "clean up outs" unless I see a good, specific reason to. That being said, I think this is a great spot for it. He could fold a better ace, or maybe even an AJ hand as ALL1in said. In addition to your equity, you can get a free card sometimes.

istewart 09-20-2005 12:30 AM

I think the read ruins part of this though. I don't think a LAG is folding overcards and a gutshot getting 8:1.

me454555 09-20-2005 01:10 AM

I think you have a clear 3 bet. In King Yao's book, he has a very interesting discussion of the free card play. Basically, its + EV vs calling if you get bet into less than 60% of the time on the turn. A flop 3 bet is a very powerful move and I think you will your opponents will donk bet the turn far less than 60%. On top of that, calling 2 cold screams flush draw. 3 betting this flop also adds deception to your play if you hit your flush on the turn.

Another point to take into account is the fact that SB 3 bet pf and could very well have an A in his hand w/a higher kicker. By 3 betting the flop, you will force him to fold and buying yourself 2 extra outs. By cold calling, your give him such great odds to call 1 more bet that he comes along for the ride more often then not (I know that in this case he folded but thats not the point).

me454555 09-20-2005 01:12 AM

Why would you raise the turn on a board where there's a one card strait w/tons of hands that can beat you? Its so easy for villain to have a set or 2 pair that its just not worth trying for the free showdown. This is also 10/20 where the aggression is amped up and your more likely to get 3 bet and less likely to fold a better hand. Since you have a flushdraw you have to call a 3 bet and all your doing is making it more expensive to draw.

Catt 09-20-2005 01:13 AM

My default would be to three-bet the flop. As you played it, I also call the turn, and I call the river and feel good about it.

NLSoldier 09-20-2005 01:15 AM

Im in the 3bet the flop camp.