Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Hamburger Helper question (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=340280)

gonores 09-19-2005 08:45 PM

Hamburger Helper question

I have a box of hamburger helper (Lasagna flavored). I have 1 lb of ground bison. I have no other good meat or meat substitute that could work with this meal. However, I wanted to use that ground bison for a different recipe later in the week.

the car is in the shop for the week and I don't have a rental, so going to the grocery store to restock on ground bison isn't an option.

Cutting to the chase...Can I make my hamburger helper with no meat, or is that too weird?

09-19-2005 08:46 PM

Re: Hamburger Helper question

It wouldnt hurt to try it. If it isnt very good your only out 12 minutes of your time and $1.29.

STLantny 09-19-2005 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a box of hamburger helper (Lasagna flavored). I have 1 lb of ground bison. I have no other good meat or meat substitute that could work with this meal. However, I wanted to use that ground bison for a different recipe later in the week.

the car is in the shop for the week and I don't have a rental, so going to the grocery store to restock on ground bison isn't an option.

Cutting to the chase...Can I make my hamburger helper with no meat, or is that too weird?

[/ QUOTE ]

Eitherway, Id puke my brains out. I hate that stuff.

JonPKibble 09-19-2005 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lasagna - Meat = Meatless Lasagna

How about using tofu?

Edge34 09-19-2005 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about using tofu?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about...

[ QUOTE ]
I have no other good meat or meat substitute that could work with this meal

[/ QUOTE ] ...

That said, just go for it Doug. I think you'll be missing out a little without the meat, but that's actually a pretty good Helper. If you can't get out anytime soon, don't use the bison if you're saving it for another recipe.

gonores 09-19-2005 08:53 PM

You don't seem to understand...I'm a 23 year-old bachelor, raised in a farming community of Wisconsin. I live on my own. There will never be tofu in my house.

gonores 09-19-2005 08:55 PM

Hamburger Helper sans Hamburger trip report coming soon.

I just hope my neighbors don't see me.

Blarg 09-19-2005 08:56 PM

...and/or Northern Beans, or garbanzos.

WackityWhiz 09-19-2005 09:12 PM

have any pets?

Slow Play Ray 09-19-2005 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eitherway, Id puke my brains out. I hate that stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] blasphemy

i would not have made it through college w/o HH.