Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   How about this for a local TV decision? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=340244)

tech 09-19-2005 07:47 PM

How about this for a local TV decision?

The Saints/Giants game is not on TV in the Dallas / Fort Worth area. Our local station has opted to run a local sports show instead. Wow. BTW, if I am missing it on an alternate station or something, please inform me.

craig r 09-19-2005 07:54 PM

Re: How about this for a local TV decision?

[ QUOTE ]
The Saints/Giants game is not on TV in the Dallas / Fort Worth area. Our local station has opted to run a local sports show instead. Wow. BTW, if I am missing it on an alternate station or something, please inform me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it moves to ESPN until the DAL game starts.

craig

tech 09-19-2005 07:56 PM

Yeah, they said they are switching to it on the local station at 7 p.m. The weird thing to me is that there are a ton of evacuees in DFW that I'm sure would like to watch the Saints game.

craig r 09-19-2005 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, they said they are switching to it on the local station at 7 p.m. The weird thing to me is that there are a ton of evacuees in DFW that I'm sure would like to watch the Saints game.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a good point!

Also, why would they not show it? The blackout rule shouldn't matter since the DAL game isn't on yet.

craig

youtalkfunny 09-20-2005 04:04 AM

I thought sure this would be a thread full of, "That's nothing, listen to MY story!"

But none of us can top that one. Wow.

HajiShirazu 09-21-2005 11:44 PM

Remember Jean Van de Velde at the British a few years back? I don't, because my local station cut away to a gardening show after he hit his drive on the 18th. I don't even know why, but 30 minutes later I tune back in, and am obviously totally shocked to see a playoff.

09-22-2005 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Remember Jean Van de Velde at the British a few years back? I don't, because my local station cut away to a gardening show after he hit his drive on the 18th. I don't even know why, but 30 minutes later I tune back in, and am obviously totally shocked to see a playoff.

[/ QUOTE ]\

wow

thats all i can say

Voltron87 09-22-2005 01:18 AM

tonight ESPN handled things awfully IMO

espn 1 was a baseball doubleheader, a game at 7 and at 10. ok, thats good.

espn 2 shows a NCAAF game, bowling green and boise state. it was 35-6 at the half, and at 11pm it was something over 40-6. no one gives a [censored] about boise state. the game is over, its a 40 point blow out. show baseball tonight or sportscenter, who cares about this POS game? if it were anything near close i wouldnt mind, but dont show us a 40 point boring college football game, thats useless.

youtalkfunny 09-22-2005 04:01 AM

From The Sports Guy, last week:

"Thanks to USA, CBS and DirecTV for cutting away from the Agassi-Blake match in the fifth set -- moving it from USA to CBS -- so anyone who lives on the West Coast didn't see how the last 32 minutes of the match finished (because we're three hours behind here, so they were showing CBS's and USA's prime-time lineups). That was fantastic. I TiVo'ed the match because I was writing my NFL column at the time, then went to watch it on Friday morning and nearly ended up killing everyone in a three-mile radius. And I don't even like tennis anymore."

pokerdirty 09-22-2005 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
tonight ESPN handled things awfully IMO

espn 1 was a baseball doubleheader, a game at 7 and at 10. ok, thats good.

espn 2 shows a NCAAF game, bowling green and boise state. it was 35-6 at the half, and at 11pm it was something over 40-6. no one gives a [censored] about boise state. the game is over, its a 40 point blow out. show baseball tonight or sportscenter, who cares about this POS game? if it were anything near close i wouldnt mind, but dont show us a 40 point boring college football game, thats useless.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, you KNOW everyone in idaho was watching, all 40 people