Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Psychology (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   My roomate is a fish...should i tell him so? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=340185)

09-19-2005 05:50 PM

My roomate is a fish...should i tell him so?

I am torn between making everyone who plays of Partypoker a little bit richer and saving him all the money on his credit card. Its kinda eating at me, and i dont think i can let it go without saying anything.

mockingbird 09-19-2005 06:13 PM

Re: My roomate is a fish...should i tell him so?

Do you really care about strangers on Party?

If you like the guy, tell him. Make some positive suggestions about how to improve.

If you think it would end the friendship then there are other issues to consider. ???

If you think he would just get angry without altering his bad play then there are also other issues to consider. ???

09-19-2005 06:16 PM

I don't know you, your roommate, nor your relationship. I would ask myself these questions:

How much time do you want to invest in teaching him?
How will you feel if he goes broke?
How would you feel if he became better than you?
How well will you know him in the future, and how do you think it will affect your decision?
How do you or would you feel having him in your games as a fish or good player?
How does your upbringing, religion affect your decision?

09-19-2005 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am torn between making everyone who plays of Partypoker a little bit richer and saving him all the money on his credit card. Its kinda eating at me, and i dont think i can let it go without saying anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude. There shouldn't even be a debate about this.

Unless you hate your roommate, that is.

Jeebus 09-19-2005 07:02 PM

In which case why is he your roommate anyway?

miajag81 09-19-2005 08:49 PM

Just post his screenname here, I'll talk to him next time I see him at the tables.

Klepton 09-19-2005 09:07 PM

just go up to him and say - "hey i read this book, it really helped me, you should check it out." then give him SSH or HOH and see what happens.

MyTurn2Raise 09-19-2005 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just go up to him and say - "hey i read this book, it really helped me, you should check it out." then give him SSH or HOH and see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

really good advice...the best thing i've done is take some communication elective courses that helped me deal with all sorts of situations in the same way

DyessMan89 09-19-2005 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One book wont turn a fish into a shark. It might help a little, though.

09-19-2005 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I give him Mike Caro's book of Poker Tells instead? Please? lol