Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Party vs Pokerroom One I beat One I cant? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=339932)

lozen 09-19-2005 10:33 AM

Party vs Pokerroom One I beat One I cant?

Heres my pedicament. I play at both Party and Pokerroom. Last three months I am running great at Pokerroom at 3/6 and 5/10 playing 20,000-30,000 hands a month. Limited table selection. I acn jump up to 10/20 as my bankroll has grown that much.Than take Party Poker I have had to step down from 5/10 to 3/6 to 2/4 due to bankroll management.
Are the players at pokerroom just that much worse? Or can you run that bad for that long? I have never been chased down on the river so much at Party. Reson i play party as Pokerroom sometimes does not have 4 tables available and I usually play 4 to 6 tables.

pzhon 09-19-2005 10:45 AM

Re: Party vs Pokerroom One I beat One I cant?

[ QUOTE ]
I acn jump up to 10/20 as my bankroll has grown that much.Than take Party Poker I have had to step down from 5/10 to 3/6 to 2/4 due to bankroll management.

[/ QUOTE ]
That makes no sense. Your bankroll is not your balance. If you have $10k at one site, and $1k at another, it is perfectly reasonable to play $10-$20 at the second site.

[ QUOTE ]
Are the players at pokerroom just that much worse? Or can you run that bad for that long?

[/ QUOTE ]
After 30k hands, your actual results have a 95% chance to be within 2 BB/100 of your expected results.

A break-even player will see arbitrarily large upswings and downswings. Are you really sure you are winning at a significant rate? Statements like the following don't inspire confidence in your playing ability:

[ QUOTE ]
I have never been chased down on the river so much at Party.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't you realize that is part of what makes the games so soft?

lozen 09-19-2005 11:11 AM

I understand that the chasing is what creates the big pots. Let me add I have continually been winning the last year at Pokerroom. Last three months I have my results have been better. My main question is Can I run that bad? I probaly should have my pokertracker stats from both sites posted so the can be judged also. I guess my main question are the players that much better at party?

BreakfastBurrito 09-19-2005 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My main question is Can I run that bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutely.

[ QUOTE ]
I guess my main question are the players that much better at party?

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutely not.

But it would be prudent to take a good hard look at your game, review some hand histories and see if you're as good as you think you are.

pzhon 09-19-2005 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess my main question are the players that much better at party?

[/ QUOTE ]
After you have been talking about how horrible all of the chasers are, that can't be your main question. Your question is, "Will someone please tell me I'm really a great player, that I can avoid those Party $3-$6 chasers who keep putting bad beats on me, and that I should move up to good players I can beat?"