Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   worst move by a poker celeb i saw at wcoop last night... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=339916)

PokerPaul 09-19-2005 09:51 AM

worst move by a poker celeb i saw at wcoop last night...

After several hours of play, with blinds at 200-400, 25 ante, celeb has about 8100 chips in BB.

Tight player in cutoff (about 15000) raises 5X BB to 2000.

all fold to celeb. celeb reraises allin, so original raiser has to call about 6000 more for a 11000 pot. He calls and shows AQs.

Celeb reveals.... 10 4.

Celeb goes out, and i scratch my head and wonder why they would risk everything they worked for up to that point and lay it on the line with 10 4 against a tight players raise which had strength written all over it.

Obviously this individual was trying to force the cutoff to laydown his hand, but it just appeared to be a very bad spot to do that.

I wouldnt say anything normally but i played a tourney several weeks ago at the same table with this person and lets just say the plays there were very suspect as well. I don't understand how this person gets solicited for TV appearances and invites for special tv tournaments.

unfrgvn 09-19-2005 10:08 AM

Re: worst move by a poker celeb i saw at wcoop last night...

Why post this if you won't name the player?

Aceshigh7 09-19-2005 10:24 AM

Exactly. I think it's kind of stupid to make a post like this and not name the player.

09-19-2005 10:27 AM

maybe his girl was playing. i play on my girl's account all the time.

PokerPaul 09-19-2005 10:33 AM

because i don't want to embarass this person here on a public forum, especially when all of us, me included, have had tournament braincramps at times too.

Maybe something came up and they had to leave so they went allin..i don't know. But it did look like a very poor move from a so-called celebrity...

Anyways, it might be shallow to name them outright, but lets just say that its not just this persons poker results that got them on TV.

illegit 09-19-2005 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldnt say anything normally but i played a tourney several weeks ago at the same table with this person and lets just say the plays there were very suspect as well. I don't understand how this person gets solicited for TV appearances and invites for special tv tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]
You keep referring to him as a 'person' leading me to believe it's not a 'him' but a woman! I will get to the bottom of this.

RowdyZ 09-19-2005 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
because i don't want to embarass this person here on a public forum, especially when all of us, me included, have had tournament braincramps at times too.

Maybe something came up and they had to leave so they went allin..i don't know. But it did look like a very poor move from a so-called celebrity...

Anyways, it might be shallow to name them outright, but lets just say that its not just this persons poker results that got them on TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

This comment also points to it being a women, the OP is being cute now, He says he doesn't want to post the name but he will keep throwing out hints to tease you with.

RZ

Howard Treesong 09-19-2005 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Embarrassment is a vehicle for improvement! Disclose early, disclose often!

[Of course, pushing with 10-4 offering 2:1 reflects a poor enough understanding of the game that even embarrassment may not help.]

SheridanCat 09-19-2005 11:35 AM

Maybe she was chip dumping.

Regards,

T

09-19-2005 11:43 AM

How is this supposed to be meaningful at all to us without a name? I am not at all surprised by this person's actions, because I don't have a clue who you're talking about.