Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Cowboys/Skins (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=339545)

Indiana 09-18-2005 07:11 PM

Cowboys/Skins

Laying big $ on the Cowboys tomorrow night @ -5.5. Anybody with me on this?

Indy

miami32 09-18-2005 07:14 PM

Re: Cowboys/Skins

With the redskins defense I really don't think they can win by 6. Even though the redskins O is not that good every time they play the game is close by 6 or less, with less being the majority. They lose but the game is close. Also every John Q Public is betting the cowboys. That and the defense alone leads to me think the skins are a good bet. If Portis gets going I think the game will be alot different then most people think.

09-19-2005 12:15 AM

i love the bet, much better team at home against the team they have comepletely dominated over the last 7 years, dont overvalue the 6 point spread it could be a good game and still the cowboys cover it

IHateKeithSmart 09-19-2005 03:57 AM

Indy:

I am a n00b but also think this is a good bet. I'm going 2 units.

Stipe_fan 09-19-2005 09:58 AM

I'll take a flyer on the Cowboys at home.

Any other opinions?

Stipe

Indiana 09-19-2005 10:15 AM

Having watched the comcast tapes of both teams, i would say that the cowboys should be better than 55% to cover this spread. It's no lock or anything, just a reasonable bet that should have +EV over the long run of making such wagers.

Dont put too much on this, i will only go 1 unit.

Indy

CCx 09-19-2005 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Having watched the comcast tapes of both teams, i would say that the cowboys should be better than 55% to cover this spread.

[/ QUOTE ]

What leads you to this conclusion? What did you see in the tapes that lead you to believe that the Cowboys should be better than 55% to cover this spread?

[ QUOTE ]
It's no lock or anything, just a reasonable bet that should have +EV over the long run of making such wagers.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes this a reasonable/+EV bet? What do you mean when you say 'making such wagers' - are you talking about home favorite of less than a TD, home favorites in general, home favorites on MNF, etc.?

Indiana 09-19-2005 10:48 AM

I don't care to give a full analysis of my thought process on this because I don't consider this one of my usual "LOCK" picks. This is just something to bet on for fun. Obviously, I gave all my thoughts on the Colts under and halftime under and they were correct to the T. That was a pick where I was HIGHLY confident. I am not that confident in these picks for tonight. Just slightly better than a coin flip that's all.

Indy

09-19-2005 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously, I gave all my thoughts on the Colts under and halftime under and they were correct to the T.

[/ QUOTE ]

You also said this:

"Half time under is now pretty much covered and game under looking sweet. I would now lay on the 2nd half over if you can get it."

Or does this not count as one of your locks? lol Stop already with the whole "locks" and non-locks swagger and bs. Just talk football with a bunch of other like-minded fans and stop acting like a tout.

Indiana 09-19-2005 11:02 AM

No I didnt call the 2nd half over a lock. It just made sense to me and fell a TD short.

Indy