Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   How's your SSNLHE?: A7o (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=339069)

ajmargarine 09-17-2005 08:43 PM

How\'s your SSNLHE?: A7o

Here's another one. A type of hand I used to misplay when I was first starting out. Posted for (limited) educational value.

NLHE .50/$1 Full Table, 10-handed. Everyone deep stacked. No reads on anyone. Here's how the hand starts:

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] . SB posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, 2 folds, Action is on Hero...

ajmargarine 09-17-2005 08:44 PM

Re: How\'s your SSNLHE?: A7o

ANSWER KEY:

Boring hand, yes. But if you play 100NL or less you see people playing any-ace all the time, which is not goot. Scoring is 0-10. 0 being Donktastic. 10 being Xorbie-like.

Question # 1 --

(10) Fold - clearly best.
(1) Call - limping in with Ax off in EP like this is a leak, plug it.
(0) Raises to $2 - May I suggest you take up checkers?
(2) Raises to $5 - Very aggressive, w/o reads hard to do this.
--------

Question # 2 --

(10) Folds- Hands likely to get messy, and you are probably already behind.
(0) Calls- Top pair, bad kicker. Get out while you can.
(0) Raises- Can I add you to my buddy list?
----------

Question # 3 --

(0) Fold- You went this far, and now you fold with a legit chance?
(10) Call- Pots big and now you got a shot.
-----------

Question # 4 --

(0) Pot Odds- Not quite. $50 pot, $13 to call is 3.8:1. You are 4.1:1 to hit your flush.
(10) Implied Odds- Yup. Should be able to make up that small difference on the river if you hit.
(0) Semi-bluff- nope, sorry
----------

Question # 5 --

(3) Ax- a chance, but it's likely he is stronger than this.
(9) 2pr/set- very likely given his lead into a large field, and call with likely made flush out there.
(0) Flush- unlikely
-----------

Question # 6 --

(10) <33%- Taken at face value, you are probably in 3rd place of 3 hands.
(2) 33%-66%- Maybe, but 2 players would have to misplay for you to be up.
(0) >66%- No way.

--------

Hand results. River brought the 9h. SB bets, Hero folds, CO calls. SB's A9 makes a full house and scoops vs. CO's 6c5c, a baby flush. Thanks for playing along. Comments welcome.

ianlippert 09-17-2005 09:05 PM

Thats a really interesting poll format. Mabey you should try it with a more interesting hand. A7o is an easy fold, but I'd like to see that poll done again with a different hand.

DyessMan89 09-17-2005 09:10 PM

Im a LAG, but even I would fold this preflop.

crosse91 09-17-2005 09:34 PM

this is a great idea, cheifly b/c it forces me to think about EVERY step/scenario of a hand.

ajmargarine 09-17-2005 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thats a really interesting poll format. Mabey you should try it with a more interesting hand. A7o is an easy fold, but I'd like to see that poll done again with a different hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. This is really a newbie/beginner type hand. Will try to do something more advanced next time.

bweiser8311962 09-17-2005 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Question # 5 --

(3) Ax- a chance, but it's likely he is stronger than this.
(9) 2pr/set- very likely given his lead into a large field, and call with likely made flush out there.
(0) Flush- unlikely

[/ QUOTE ]

Flush unlikely? Not at any site I've ever played. The flush is there 90 percent of the time.

benwood 09-17-2005 10:12 PM

Hey,Bweiser. They asked what hand SB had, not CO. I'll bet you misread this question the same way that I did.

09-17-2005 11:49 PM

First rate post, aj. Thanks. Do it again.

xorbie 09-18-2005 12:32 AM

Fold, fold, calling on the turn is not nearly as nice as it seems because you have 9 outs max, but realistically 6 (a flush is out there usually and someone with a set/two pair either has your other club or fills up when it hits), meaning you need about ~7:1 in total implied + pot odds, meaning you need to take down the $50 in the pot plus another ~$41 on the river. Fat chance of that happening unless someone is a massive donk.

Also if a 7 comes you're likely not good but could easily be playing lesser two pairs.