Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Home Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   What would you do if... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=338817)

09-17-2005 12:13 PM

What would you do if...

A 17 year old showed up at your Home game, allow him to play or ask him to leave? Just assuming it was a reserved guy that was simply looking for a game, not an annoying douchebag... Hypothetical question, thanks.

Ratman138 09-17-2005 12:18 PM

Re: What would you do if...

Id let him play. Unless of course there is a strong reason to believe you are more than likely to be busted, then they would tack on a ocntributing to the delinquency of a minor charge. in a normal home game though? let him in.

stevea 09-17-2005 01:07 PM

I'd probably let him play if it was a low stakes game and his parents were OK with it.

steve
<font color="orange">North Shore Low Rollers</font>

TomHimself 09-17-2005 01:26 PM

let him play especially since you said he wasnt a douche bag. but the question is how old are you? i think if your 40 or even older it still would be fine to let him play because you might have one of the few games in town and you run a good game and he wants in. but i guess if he acts up you can not invite him back

flatline 09-17-2005 01:45 PM

Let him play if he seems cool. Doesn't seem like a big deal.

Lottery Larry 09-17-2005 02:59 PM

My rule is- if the state lets him buy a lottery ticket, then he can play in my poker game.

If not, he can't join up.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!! 09-17-2005 05:25 PM

i dont think its illegal for anyone to play a home game, for money or not.

chesspain 09-17-2005 06:18 PM

How about having to play in a $200 MTT home tourney with a ten year old? The father was playing, and he must've thought it would be cool for his son to play also. I was rather uncomfortable with this kid's presence, especially given the vulgar language he was hearing all night--not to mention the time when the father flopped a set of sevens to bust out the LAGgy host's pocket kings, which caused the host to curse at the top of his lungs, pick up a metal folding chair, and fling it against the foundation wall of the basement, smashing a box fan in the process. Curiously, although I was rather jangled by all of this, both the kid and his spectating twelve year old brother seemed non-fazed.

As it turned out, the kid made the final table of eight (out of an original twenty-four). [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

smoore 09-17-2005 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A 17 year old showed up at your Home game, allow him to play or ask him to leave? Just assuming it was a reserved guy that was simply looking for a game, not an annoying douchebag... Hypothetical question, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

SIIHP, I take underage guy's money all the time.

Quicksilvre 09-17-2005 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. I'd let him in.