Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Small PP, large pot (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=338500)

David04 09-16-2005 08:58 PM

Small PP, large pot

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

<font color="red"> Obviously I have to call one more bet after putting two in. But fo you fold to the first raise here, or was a call okay?</font>

Flop: (24 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

<font color="red"> This flop isn't terrible. I have a gutshot draw and only one overcard. My hand isn't likely to be best here, but I am getting 30:1 and am nearly closing the action. BB was very passive, wasn't too worried about a raise there.</font>

Turn: (16 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB folds.

<font color="red"> Okay, I missed my draw and I am almost definitely behind now. But, I am getting 22:1 and I have maybe 4 or 5 outs(four 5's and two 4's, but they might not all be clean.) But even if I only have two outs a call is correct.</font>

River: (23 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, Hero folds.

<font color="red">Damn, I missed my hand. Check/fold here.</font>
Final Pot: 26 BB

Well, how was my chasing here? Good? Bad? A close decision?

Any advice appreciated.

istewart 09-16-2005 09:04 PM

Re: Small PP, large pot

Nice hand.

RatFink 09-16-2005 09:06 PM

Interesting hand, I think I would play it quite the same. The turn is the only part that I'd want to think a bit since my 4s are dirty. But 22:1 and just about closing the action knowing I can collect on the river would lean me towards also calling the turn as you did. Nice table selection!

Fryguy 09-16-2005 09:17 PM

I play pretty much the same way.

Any numbers people wanna jump in and see if maybe raising the 44 preflop with these many people around is good?

09-16-2005 09:45 PM

Preflop fine. Flop fine b/c you are almost closing the action, if you are UTG+1 you have to fold. I don't like the turn b/c as you say your 5's and 4's are likely not clean in this big multiway pot.

istewart 09-16-2005 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop fine. Flop fine b/c you are almost closing the action, if you are UTG+1 you have to fold. I don't like the turn b/c as you say your 5's and 4's are likely not clean in this big multiway pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero's getting 22:1 to call the turn. Folding would be horrible.

milesdyson 09-16-2005 10:40 PM

i'm not trying to be mean by singling out tehox or anything, but this kind of post is a good reason to always think before accepting any advice on the forum. this turn call should be basic instinct; there is no excuse for suggesting folding here.

Nick C 09-16-2005 11:09 PM

I play it the same way.

With so many players still in on the turn, your one-card straight and set outs are very tainted (and the two-flush that's now on the board doesn't help any either). You may just be drawing to a chop.

But I don't think you can fold, getting 22:1.

numeri 09-16-2005 11:44 PM

Dude, that is one sweet table! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Looks fine to me. Pre-flop is a super easy call both times. On the flop and turn, you can draw to your gut-shot + set outs, though the gut-shot outs are cleaner IMO. You'll likely have the best hand if a 5 hits, because the higher straight (74) is so unlikely.

Nice hand.

numeri 09-16-2005 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You may just be drawing to a chop. But I don't think you can fold, getting 22:1.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even if we knew we were drawing to a chop, we should still call.

By the way, in that case, can we consider our odds basically halved? (That's what I'm thinking, at least.)