Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Bling bling blind battle. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=338342)

Entity 09-16-2005 04:17 PM

Bling bling blind battle.

Villain is an overaggressive TAG. May be tilting -- I honestly don't know. I've been 3-betting her a lot and getting the best of most flops. I don't consider her a particularly good player or handreader but that's subjective.

Folded to her, she raises from the SB. I 3-bet black Aces from the BB, she calls, and we're off to the races.

Flop is J35r and she bets. I call. Sometimes I raise and sometimes I call, I don't think it makes a huge difference in the long run.

The turn is a T, completing the rainbow. She checks, I bet, and she checkraises. I 3-bet. She caps and I don't feel happy, but I'm not horribly sad. I know she's overaggressive, she probably thinks the same of me, so our bet-raising ranges are probably escalated a bit (according to PA my table stats for the session are 32/25/2.5).

The river is a 3. She bets and I raise.

Holla?

EvanJC 09-16-2005 04:24 PM

Re: Bling bling blind battle.

you just beat j10. well played

mute 09-16-2005 04:34 PM

I would be happy to just call this river and let her show me JT.

I think she will have JT about as often as JJ, TT, 55 or 33, but you are gonna lose a bet more against the latter (unless you feel comfortable folding to a 3-bet, which I wouldn't).

Entity 09-16-2005 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think she will have JT about as often as JJ, TT, 55 or 33, but you are gonna lose a bet more against the latter (unless you feel comfortable folding to a 3-bet, which I wouldn't).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think she will never have JJ or TT. How much does that clear things up?

Rob

Grisgra 09-16-2005 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your line, but have no idea why you think she'll never have JJ or TT here, but probably has JT.

Entity 09-16-2005 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your line, but have no idea why you think she'll never have JJ or TT here, but probably has JT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against me especially (though also in general against aggressive opposition), I think this particular villain (29/22 or so) caps pairs like 77 & 88 preflop 90% of the time, and 99+ very close to 100%. If there were a high pocket pair she wouldn't cap preflop, my guess is it would be AA or KK for "deception" rather than TT or JJ.

Obviously this is just a guess but it needs to be strongly weighted. We've been playing together for well over an hour, and I think she's more likely to send lots of bets my way with a pocket pair preflop than not.

Rob

mute 09-16-2005 04:53 PM

Yeah, then I like it better. Only 4 combos of 55 and 33.

wuarhg 09-16-2005 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
32/25/2.5

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been meaning to ask you about this, mostly out of curiosity. What kind of hands are you going that crazy with to get your pfr up to 23-25ish? And what is your fold bb and sb to steal.

I think this hand looks pretty standard, but it's one of those hands were you probably know better than anyone what is/was the right play depending on your feel for the game and players. And I am assuming you'll pay off a river 3-bet here?

Grisgra 09-16-2005 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Against me especially (though also in general against aggressive opposition), I think this particular villain (29/22 or so) caps pairs like 77 & 88 preflop 90% of the time, and 99+ very close to 100%. If there were a high pocket pair she wouldn't cap preflop, my guess is it would be AA or KK for "deception" rather than TT or JJ.

Obviously this is just a guess but it needs to be strongly weighted. We've been playing together for well over an hour, and I think she's more likely to send lots of bets my way with a pocket pair preflop than not.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes sense. Means the river raise is even more obvious.

Danenania 09-16-2005 05:03 PM

I like your river raise but I see no reason to 3-bet the turn. Even if you thought you were good often enough (which I don't think you are unless this is her typical line with TP or something) you should call planning to raise any river. But the way I play it is simply calling her turn raise then calling the river unless an A, 3, or 5 comes off.