Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   poop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=337674)

Moneyline 09-15-2005 06:43 PM

poop

Live 10/20 8 handed

CO is slightly loose and fairly aggressive. He's also prone to paying off, but not a complete moron. SB is slightly loose, passive, and I've got a good tell on him.

Preflop: Folded to CO who calls, button folds, SB completes, I check 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in BB.

Flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks and it's obvious he's going to fold, I bet, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, CO checks.

River: T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, CO checks.

I think I messed up one street here. What do you think?

callmedonnie 09-15-2005 07:17 PM

Re: poop

First of all, CO limps versus blinds? I don't get it. He could have anything.

Bad turn card to fall, as my preferred play is to bet again. I've been in these spots a decent amount lately where I'm not wanting to bet turn when horrible card falls, I am on draw, and don't want to be checkraised. But when I bet I am often surprised that I just took down the pot.

However this pot is really small. The pot is 2.5 big bets, and putting 2 bets here is terrible. I think I would probably do the same.

As for the river, trying to steal it there is player dependent.

TheHammer24 09-15-2005 08:29 PM

The pot is really small. I have no problem at all playing it as you did.

JacksonTens 09-15-2005 08:55 PM

An option here is to semibluff on the turn. Do you think he'd just call you on the flop with a T? Problem being the pot is so small. your betting at 2:1 I think with your draw you need to be folding your opponent 1/3 of the time here. I think this is possible, depending on tells. I'd bet the turn, But I a glutton for a semibluff.

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

krubban 09-15-2005 09:41 PM

I would seriously consider betting the river, you represented a T on the flop and then another one falls on the river. He doesn't seem to like his hand and I think you take it down often enough for it to be profitable.

Moneyline 09-16-2005 01:53 AM

Results and more poop

[ QUOTE ]
I would seriously consider betting the river, you represented a T on the flop and then another one falls on the river. He doesn't seem to like his hand and I think you take it down often enough for it to be profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's how I wish I had played it. After I flipped up my hand and clearly said "7 high" CO almost mucked K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], but he didn't and he took down the pot.

09-16-2005 08:11 AM

I would most probably bet the turn. You are obviously not going to win unimproved, and I think you will win it right there enough times to make it worth it.

If you dont do that and the turn is checked through, I would definetely bet the river. You loose to almost any two cards when checked through again, and could fold out even K high.