Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Micro-Limits Heads Up League - Interest check (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=336849)

Paxosmotic 09-14-2005 05:29 PM

Micro-Limits Heads Up League - Interest check

-Credit for the idea goes to the University of Virginia and Fresno State (UC Davis)-

Here's what me and a few ML regulars have been bouncing off each other on AIM. Who's in?

It's the Micro-Limits Heads Up League (!!!, woo!, yeah!), which is staggering similar to college football. Everyone that frequents Micros is welcome to join. The league will consist of heads up matches between anyone who wants to play. I will rank all players based on a pretty simple and generic formula which takes into account strength of schedule and your win percentage. I'll post the rankings every Sunday, and we can spend the rest of the week playing matches and trash talking. All matches will be a 25BB freezeout on Stars .02/.04 unless the two parties agree otherwise. If you want to spend all month playing a 400BB freezeout at .5/1 for a single match, that's between the two of you.

Here's the schedule we're looking at:

-From now until September 30th, we take signups for the league.
-From October 1st until December 31st, anyone in the league can challenge anyone else in the league. Want to play the same person 33 times? Fine. Want to play 4 matches in 3 months? Fine.
-After December 31st, we'll seed up bowl games based on how everyone finishes the regular season and have final matches for pride.

So far the response on AIM has been hugely enthusiastic, and we've got two people dedicated to administering this league and making sure nothing gets missed. I'll post more information and details later, if the demand is high enough. I hope it is. My question to Micros is : who's interested?

Rev. Good Will 09-14-2005 05:32 PM

Re: Micro-Limits Heads Up League - Interest check

nice, i'm looking foward to it.

I just hope apathy doesn't take over like it did for CHUMP

gharp 09-14-2005 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My question to Micros is : who's interested?

[/ QUOTE ]

Me.

Vote4Pedro 09-14-2005 05:33 PM

I guess I'll join

Paxosmotic 09-14-2005 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just hope apathy doesn't take over like it did for CHUMP

[/ QUOTE ]
I know where every last one of you live, I will [censored] hunt you down. I promise you, the two of us who are heading this up are very enthusiastic and will see it through. If individual people decide to drop out during it, or someone wants to join, we can bend not break to take care of anything. The train keeps a rollin baby.

Russ McGinley 09-14-2005 05:40 PM

Yes.

POKhER 09-14-2005 05:43 PM

Sounds fun! I'm up for .02/.04 heads up.
HU play sucks lol, but amusing.

deception5 09-14-2005 05:56 PM

I'm definitely looking to work on my heads up play, sign me up.

TredWel 09-14-2005 06:04 PM

I need to work on my HU play. I'm in.

@bsolute_luck 09-14-2005 06:13 PM

what does 25BB freezeout mean? and basically whomever i'm up against, we set a date during the week to play 1 match?

to answer the question: yes, i'm interested [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
i just want to make sure i'm able to make the "matches" or whatever schedule there is.