Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Flopped Set and Slowplay. Good, Bad, Ugly?? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=336414)

TheHammer24 09-14-2005 01:10 AM

Flopped Set and Slowplay. Good, Bad, Ugly??

Villian here is only been around for 30 hands but has stats of 33/2

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (3 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

pauliewalnuts 09-14-2005 01:22 AM

Re: Flopped Set and Slowplay. Good, Bad, Ugly??

I'd probably just CR the flop here. I'd also 3bet the river. I'm not worried about a A4 or 55 untl he caps.

JayKon 09-14-2005 01:22 AM

Reraise! I see no reason not to!

Sarge85 09-14-2005 02:00 AM

Bet
Bet
Raise

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

09-14-2005 05:23 AM

I would bet the flop, but if you do check, do it to checkraise.

The rare exception where I might not raise after checking is when there are several loose callers, the flop better is seated right after me and no flush or staigh draw is apparant. In that case, I might just call the flop, and checkraise the turn, counting on the flop raiser to help me trap people for two BB.

Generally I think its better to get rid of gutshots by betting out, while keeping in people with one pair drawing to two cards.

As you played it, you should reraise the river, I think you are ahead against one or two pairs the vast majority of the time.

09-14-2005 05:42 AM

The flop check isn't a bad changeup, the board didn't hit much. Depends on how many you think would peel (how bad and the potential loss of flop bets vs. potential gain of bets from big streets.

But betting is probably best. Checking to raise is bad.

I raise the river.

silkyslim 09-14-2005 06:15 AM

I'd bet out on the flop, then bet out on the turn, then if he still raises, reraise the river

SoSo 09-14-2005 06:43 AM

ugly, c/r the turn if u've flat called the flop, personally i raise the flop and hope to get 3-bet by a king from the bb and then c/r the turn. and cap the river if given the chance.

Nick C 09-14-2005 07:12 AM

Generally speaking, I think you're better off just leading the flop in a spot like this.

Nick Royale 09-14-2005 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good, Bad, Ugly??

[/ QUOTE ]
Definately losing money.

Why are you calling the flop if you're not planning to check/raise the turn?

And you need to 3-bet the river.

Edit: and yeah, lead the flop...