Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Duke's TT vs Fossilman's KK (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=336347)

09-13-2005 11:23 PM

Duke\'s TT vs Fossilman\'s KK

I watched today's WSOP episode where Annie Duke said she had TT vs Raymer's KK during the 2004 Tourney of Champs. Raymer said during the interview that he would have called, and expected her to call. Annie said she had odds to call. Unfortunately I didn't catch details about the hand, which might help me formulate my own opinion.

However, how can this fold be correct when she says she had odds to call, and Raymer said he would have called? Minus what happened in hindsight (Annie's win), was it a bad fold? If not, could someone explain why?

KramerTM 09-13-2005 11:27 PM

Re: Duke\'s TT vs Fossilman\'s KK

[ QUOTE ]
I watched today's WSOP episode where Annie Duke said she had TT vs Raymer's KK during the 2004 Tourney of Champs. Raymer said during the interview that he would have called, and expected her to call. Annie said she had odds to call. Unfortunately I didn't catch details about the hand, which might help me formulate my own opinion.

However, how can this fold be correct when she says she had odds to call, and Raymer said he would have called? Minus what happened in hindsight (Annie's win), was it a bad fold? If not, could someone explain why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe Annie said later that she had some kind of great tell on Raymer. Anyone have a link to an article which explains this?

09-13-2005 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe Annie said later that she had some kind of great tell on Raymer.

[/ QUOTE ] Must be his eyes, gives his hand away every time.

Army Eye 09-14-2005 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't seem possible that she was getting better than 4.5:1 to call, which is what she'd need to make a call correct. She probably just meant that she had sufficient odds to call against the hand range she might typically give a re-raiser in that spot, but managed to put Raymer on a real monster hand

SoftcoreRevolt 09-14-2005 12:53 AM

Annie says a lot of things that aren't true.

Dynasty 09-14-2005 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

However, how can this fold be correct when she says she had odds to call?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are situations in tournaments where you make the incorrect poker play in order to make the correct tournament play.

Notorious G.O.B. 09-14-2005 01:45 AM

"There are situations in tournaments where you make the incorrect poker play in order to make the correct tournament play."

I'm not sure this would be one of them, considering the lineup, and how short she was after the fold. I don't think she was priced in, however.

09-14-2005 01:55 AM

IF she had correct odds, I would probably agree that it would be a good tournament move as well, given "inflection points", although I will readily admit my understanding of that isnt as good as it should be.

Jordan Olsommer 09-14-2005 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In Rosenbloom's new book "The Best Hand I Ever Played", she chose this as her best hand, and described how she was getting the correct odds to call so long as she could assume that his range of hands in that spot included AK. She said that she had a tell on him (iirc it's only described in the book as that he was "sitting confidently"), so she was confident that she could eliminate AK, and thus was not getting the proper odds, and thus had to fold.

niin 09-14-2005 02:45 AM

I think she meant that she was getting the odds to call the range of hands that Raymer would push with there, but she had a read on him that convinced her that he had a high pocket pair. If her read was right (it was), she was not getting anywhere near the odds to call.