Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Flopping a strong draw with KTs (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=335758)

Nick Royale 09-13-2005 08:46 AM

Flopping a strong draw with KTs

The cast:
MP3 is TAG
Button is 38/3/0.x
MP2 is TAG
CO is TAG

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, 1 fold, <font color="red">MP3 3-bets</font>, 1 fold, Button calls, 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)</font>
Hero...

What do you wanna do now, flop/turn plan?

@bsolute_luck 09-13-2005 09:29 AM

Re: Flopping a strong draw with KTs

why did you provide a read of CO if he isn't in the hand? messed up converter?

people probably would c/r here if button stays in, but it screams flush draw if/when we check the turn. i thought about betting out, but i just haven't come up with a plan/reason if it is an optimal line to consider.

09-13-2005 09:49 AM

I would check raise here. If you don't make your flush on the turn c/c and c/f the river pending you don't make your flush.

Nick Royale 09-13-2005 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why did you provide a read of CO if he isn't in the hand? messed up converter?

[/ QUOTE ]
Same goes for MP2, both reads I provided to make clear raising preflop is good.

[ QUOTE ]
people probably would c/r here if button stays in, but it screams flush draw if/when we check the turn. i thought about betting out, but i just haven't come up with a plan/reason if it is an optimal line to consider.

[/ QUOTE ]
My thoughts:
I check/raise this flop with the only exception if it's get checked through. With 2 overs and a flushdraw I have great equity 3-ways. Since pfr probably will autobet this flop a check/raise is correct even if it gets HU IMO. The raise will not lose me much when behind (because of my equity), but will sometimes buy me a large pot by the folding equity I gain on the turn.

More comments appreciated.

Entity 09-13-2005 09:52 AM

Show them your passive side. Check and call.

Nick Royale 09-13-2005 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? Doesn't make sense to me to check/call both the flop and turn...

Nick Royale 09-13-2005 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would check raise here. If you don't make your flush on the turn c/c and c/f the river pending you don't make your flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
Check/calling the turn if it gets HU is a big mistake after you check/raised the flop IMO.

Entity 09-13-2005 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's awfully rare that you're folding a better hand on this board if TAG is even remotely decent. You usually have 12 outs at best, though your full range is somewhere between 8 and 15 outs. I'd say your weighted average is around 11 outs, but your FE on this flop is almost nil.

Rob

Nick Royale 09-13-2005 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's awfully rare that you're folding a better hand on this board if TAG is even remotely decent. You usually have 12 outs at best, though your full range is somewhere between 8 and 15 outs. I'd say your weighted average is around 11 outs, but your FE on this flop is almost nil.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't think we'll be able to fold hands like AK/AQ by following up on the turn?

@bsolute_luck 09-13-2005 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check/calling the turn if it gets HU is a big mistake after you check/raised the flop IM

[/ QUOTE ]

this is why i hate c/r here especially w/ only K-high, but i guess with villain being a TAG he could lay down A-high UI here on the turn. SIDENOTE: i've never been very good playing draws OOP [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] but my posting-spewage just got me C/T- does that make my advice better [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]