Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   misplayed top pair? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=335568)

sweet wicking action 09-13-2005 12:02 AM

misplayed top pair?

CO is 61/28/2.3 over 20 hands...should i have played this differently?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 10 BB

JacksonTens 09-13-2005 12:06 AM

Re: misplayed top pair?

Preflop: Raise. KQ is a raising hand.
Flop: 3bet. AQ the hand that dominates you, and it would have been raised preflop. Villain pobly has KJ,KT or a draw
Turn: Is bizarre. lead, may I ask why u c/r?
River: More Bizarre. ???

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

crego20 09-13-2005 12:12 AM

Raise PF

Villian is a super lag given those stats, I would call down
after the flop raise and expect to see a busted flush draw/dominated Q enough to be profitable.

sweet wicking action 09-13-2005 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Raise. KQ is a raising hand.
Flop: 3bet. AQ the hand that dominates you, and it would have been raised preflop. Villain pobly has KJ,KT or a draw
Turn: Is bizarre. lead, may I ask why u c/r?
River: More Bizarre. ???

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm..i guess i didnt want to raise KQo with four players still to act, and i dont really know why i wouldn't have 3bet the flop...i suppose just weak play on my part.

when the turn hit, i felt i was still ahead, and that i would be able to checkraise. and then the 3-bet scared me, and i checked the river, especially since a scare card fell.

perhaps that is too weak also.

thanks

hobbsmann 09-13-2005 12:16 AM

God kills a kitten everytime you open limp from MP3 with KQo.

private joker 09-13-2005 12:42 AM

Please stop playing 3/6.

The first 3 hands you've posted here are atrocious. You misplay more streets than you play correctly, and I'm not sure you grasp some of the obvious fundamentals of low limit holdem. Read some (more) books, move down to .50/1 or 1/2, and post some hands in micro-limit and the beginner forum. Good luck.