Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   KK hand, A comes on the turn (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=334744)

ahnuld 09-11-2005 11:12 PM

KK hand, A comes on the turn

400 nl on party. I have been muddling around no real hands, table has normal mix of idiots. mp posts. I get KK utg and raise to 20. Get 3 callers, including the poster, who is shortish.

80 in pot. Flop comes 692 rainbow. I bet out for 65. Poster is the only caller. After calling he has 160 left and there is 210 in pot. Turn brings the A. Whats my line?

09-11-2005 11:15 PM

Re: KK hand, A comes on the turn

pot the flop

PoBoy321 09-11-2005 11:28 PM

Pot the flop. It's unlikely that the A helped him unless he was calling down with AK unimproved and sucked out or A9. I would likely check/call to hopefully induce bluffs from TT-QQ.

tdomeski 09-12-2005 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would likely check/call to hopefully induce bluffs from TT-QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

TT-QQ will glady check to showdown.

PoBoy321 09-12-2005 01:17 AM

And you think that they would call any type of bet after the A comes? I think that checking to induce a bluff is the only way that you could get any value in this hand.

tdomeski 09-12-2005 01:19 AM

If you think your opponent is on TT-QQ how can a check/call be the best play?

creedofhubris 09-12-2005 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you think your opponent is on TT-QQ how can a check/call be the best play?

[/ QUOTE ]

B/c opponent will sometimes bluff and sometimes call river bet if checked thru on turn.

RikaKazak 09-12-2005 06:11 AM

you guys must not play PP 400 much, you give these guys way too much credit, against a no read pp idiot I bet 2/3 pot on turn, obviously call an all in and push it in on any river. He could have 9,T smaller pp, all sorts of stuff, and on pp you make money by people not being able to lay down anything, and that includes top pair weak arse kicker.

ahnuld 09-12-2005 12:55 PM

Results

I pushed, he thought for a bit then folded. Was just wondering if there was any other way to play this to extract money from his probable PP type hand.

sfer 09-12-2005 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you guys must not play PP 400 much, you give these guys way too much credit, against a no read pp idiot I bet 2/3 pot on turn, obviously call an all in and push it in on any river. He could have 9,T smaller pp, all sorts of stuff, and on pp you make money by people not being able to lay down anything, and that includes top pair weak arse kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, since these donks can't release a hand like TP your plan is to play for your stack?