Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   KJs (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=334200)

istewart 09-11-2005 01:12 AM

KJs

Figured I'd post a hand. I'm a bit bored.

Villain in this hand is very passive preflop but loose. I think his stats are 48/0/1 but they're over a limited sample. He doesn't necessarily play all his hands fast, though.

For what it's worth I think I screwed up in a few parts here. Tell me what you would do differently.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (4.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

Vote4Pedro 09-11-2005 01:17 AM

Re: KJs

Bet flop when the bets are mini, free turn when bets are grande...Given the way you played it, I'd still be tempted to jack it up against this monkey

tyler_cracker 09-11-2005 02:06 AM

Raise the turn. Face the field with 2, get a free showdown if you want, fold to a 3-bet.

istewart 09-11-2005 02:22 AM

I'm surprised you guys are advocating raising the turn. To me the decision was between calling and folding. Note that the pot is not especially big. I think it's slightly close given my action on the flop (and whether this appears as weakness or strength).

09-11-2005 02:26 AM

I would bet t he flop, you have some draws and might be able to get a free card. And in your case I may raise the turn, after no one bets the flop.

Shillx 09-11-2005 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised you guys are advocating raising the turn. To me the decision was between calling and folding. Note that the pot is not especially big. I think it's slightly close given my action on the flop (and whether this appears as weakness or strength).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really like raising the turn, but I sure as hell like it more then folding. Take a look at the series of events...

1) 2 players checked both the flop and turn. Neither of them have you cooked.

2) This dude checked the flop. It significantly lowers the chances that he has an ace here. This type of player bets Ax on this flop far a very big % of the time.

3) Your hand is pretty well hidden after your flop check. It is one thing to get scared when a guy calls a bunch of bets and then wakes up, but some players will bet all kinds of crap in this spot. Sure it might be an ace, but any king or queen is betting here.

I don't really like raising since it is unlikely that we will get outdrawn by the 2 others players since they don't figure to call us, we could well be behind, the pot is small and we would have to call a 3-bet if it comes.

Brad

tyler_cracker 09-11-2005 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, i do suck at poker, so you probably shouldn't be surprised. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Raise/folding the turn and checking behind the river costs the same as calling down *and* protects your hand on the turn against the other two dorks (gutshots, one (lower) pair). Also, i think you're ahead here a lot.

I really don't understand folding SPGK for 1 bet from a guy who has been checked to twice. Is he really so passive that he wouldn't bet this turn with a Q, an 8, a worse king, a flush draw, or a bluff?

SCfuji 09-11-2005 02:40 AM

pf same
flop bet
turn check the king
river check/call in favor of folding.

tyler_cracker 09-11-2005 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really like raising since it is unlikely that we will get outdrawn by the 2 others players since they don't figure to call us, we could well be behind, the pot is small and we would have to call a 3-bet if it comes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are we calling a 3-bet? What hand is 3-betting that doesn't crush us?

istewart 09-11-2005 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2) This dude checked the flop. It significantly lowers the chances that he has an ace here. This type of player bets Ax on this flop far a very big % of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this is pretty much what I overlooked, or perhaps I overestimated his ability to check big hands. Tons of pieces are betting here, you're right.

[ QUOTE ]
3) Your hand is pretty well hidden after your flop check. It is one thing to get scared when a guy calls a bunch of bets and then wakes up, but some players will bet all kinds of crap in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, this almost completely describes a previous hand. He open-limped in the CO, the button limped, the SB completed, and I checked ATo. The flop was T92 with two spades. SB bet, I raised, he cold-called, SB called. Turn 9. SB bet, I called, he raised, SB called, I folded. He had 22.