Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Middle set w/ 8-9-T-Q on board. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=333844)

VarlosZ 09-10-2005 02:13 PM

Middle set w/ 8-9-T-Q on board.

Party $1/$2, no read on villain. Villain starts w/ $174, I cover. I'm in SB w/ TT. UTG+1 limps, all others fold. I raise to $9, BB folds, villain calls.

Flop (pot=$19): Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet $15, villain calls.

Turn (pot=~$47): 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

What's my line?

EMcWilliams 09-10-2005 05:32 PM

Re: Middle set w/ 8-9-T-Q on board.

It seems as if you put villian on Jx. I think it is possible for him to have two pair or a flush draw as well. Id say bet about 1/2 -3/4 the pot as a partial value bet and a partial probe. If he calls I hope the board pairs. I love the re-draw.

KJL 09-10-2005 06:17 PM

I would probably bet around $25 here. There are other hands besides the straight he could have, even AQ. And if he does have the straight, you still have a 20% chance make a boat or quads on the river.

VarlosZ 09-10-2005 07:42 PM

Why would I put villain on a J?

troymclur 09-10-2005 07:46 PM

i'd bet about 25-30. dump to a re-raise. if called, i'd assume flush-draw.

troymclur 09-10-2005 07:48 PM

wouldn't you think two-pair would re-raise the flop to get some information?

ahnuld 09-10-2005 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. DO NOT DUMP TO RAISE. It all depends on his riase size, but filling up against a straight will get his stack. You can always check raise if hes dumb enough to bet a flush draw. But i like leading for 40 the best. If he moves allin its a judgement call but QT QJ KJ AQ AA KK AJ 88 99 JJ QQ are his probable range (not talking about flush draw, which is a def. possibility) and you are only losing to 3 of those hands.

ryanghall 09-10-2005 10:06 PM

I'd bet around 2/3 pot and see what happens.

Why did you not bet at least the pot size on that terrifying flop?

Ryan

VarlosZ 09-10-2005 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you not bet at least the pot size on that terrifying flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Force of habit. Agreed that I probably should have bet more.

It's awful hard to put him on a straight. He wouldn't call the $15 with just a gutshot, which leaves QJ, JT, or, say, AcJc. Would he really limp/call in early position with those hands?

I figured he had to bet that turn whatever he has if I checked, which I did. He bet $50, I put him all in for $100 more. He called . . . w/ JJ. Oops, forgot about that hand. River was no help.

troymclur 09-10-2005 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. DO NOT DUMP TO RAISE. It all depends on his riase size, but filling up against a straight will get his stack. You can always check raise if hes dumb enough to bet a flush draw. But i like leading for 40 the best. If he moves allin its a judgement call but QT QJ KJ AQ AA KK AJ 88 99 JJ QQ are his probable range (not talking about flush draw, which is a def. possibility) and you are only losing to 3 of those hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, was 'pos to read as push, not raise.