Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   how to look older? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=333613)

Sooga 09-10-2005 01:28 AM

how to look older?

Ok here's the problem. I'm 26. I teach high school. On Mondays-Thursdays I typically wear a dress button-up shirt, and dress pants. But on Fridays, I wear 'regular' clothes, which is basically jeans and a t-shirt (solid color) of some sort. This year I'm teaching at a new school, and immediately I got a couple of comments like "Wow, I thought you were a senior when I first walked in!" and "When I saw you walking around campus and didn't know it was you, I thought you were a student!"

I got these kinds of comments at my old school, and now at my new school. Now don't get me wrong, these comments don't aggravate me or piss me off or anything, but it does make me wonder how old I have to get before I look more or less my age. What can I do to make myself look a little older?

Currently my head is very close-cut (almost shaved), and I suppose that contributes to it a bit, but other than that, I don't feel I dress inappropriately young (super baggy pants, throwback jerseys, and the like), or speak like some punk kid either. I am short (about 5'7") and I have a feeling that contributes to most of my problem. People have told me I do have a very young looking face, too.

So do you have any suggestions on what I can do?

jakethebake 09-10-2005 01:30 AM

Re: how to look older?

Teachers get to wear jeans and a t-shirt? Wtf is going on? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Sooga 09-10-2005 01:31 AM

Well, on Fridays, more casual dress is acceptable at the school I teach at. They frown upon anything more casual than t-shirt/jeans though (i.e. no shorts/tanktops/etc.)

IronDragon1 09-10-2005 01:31 AM

Pleats, higher than waist cut pants and neutral color shirts and ties

lastsamurai 09-10-2005 01:32 AM

dude dont wear the "who farted?" t shirt.

jakethebake 09-10-2005 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, on Fridays, more casual dress is acceptable at the school I teach at. They frown upon anything more casual than t-shirt/jeans though (i.e. no shorts/tanktops/etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. I understood what you wrote the first time. That's just crazy.

Eurotrash 09-10-2005 01:34 AM

just a guess but you maybe could grow some facial hair. a beard, a goatee perhaps.

you're likely too young for a mustache.

wacki 09-10-2005 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Change your attitude, you are blessed.

Sooga 09-10-2005 01:36 AM

See, I've been told that too.... and here's the problem. If when I'm 40 I look like I'm in my 20's, believe me, I'll be the happiest man on the planet. But when I'm 26 and I look 18-20ish, that really hurts me in terms of like meeting women and stuff, you know?

Voltron87 09-10-2005 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Starting banging cheerleaders?