Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   You will be proud of me (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=333440)

09-09-2005 07:45 PM

You will be proud of me

I found a bookstore in town that had Theory Of Poker and I picked it up!

They also had Harrington's first book but I decided to have them order SSHE instead as everyone here suggested (I DO listen - that's why I am here!) and although I wanted Harrington's book as well, it will have to wait since I could only afford one or the other, and I figure there is less luck in ring games than there is in tourneys (meaning I can lose 20 hands in a row in a ring game but keep playing, whereas if I lose one in a tourney, I can go broke)...

Anyway, SSHE will be here in a week, and for now, I am going to read T.O.P. and stop reading Supersystem. I had already read the NL section and am about halfway through the Limit section, but I want to get TOP under my belt before I get back to Supersystem. I am betting that most of you will agree this is a good idea, yes?

Had always wanted to pick up TOP but hadn't been able to find a bookstore that carried it. Helped that I got money and found a store at the same time [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Thanks again to everyone for the advice - I am sure I have made the right decision.

See you at the tables!

milesdyson 09-09-2005 07:47 PM

Re: You will be proud of me

believe it or not, you're right, i am really proud of you.

good job. keep learning.

Fryguy 09-09-2005 10:17 PM

eh, shoulda ordered from half.com and saved yourself a bit of money.

All well, congrats on purchasing the bible [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

09-10-2005 12:40 AM

Not in a position, at the moment, to place orders online - have to pay cash, or send away a money order, which would take way too long, so here we wind up, with me going into a store and paying cash because I have to buy retail ($33Cdn or so after taxes) rather than buying from Amazon.ca where I would have paid $21 (plus shipping) ...

Ah well - WHO CARES ! I WILL HAVE SSHE IN A WEEK! (er, sorry, can you tell I am excited?)

kiemo 09-10-2005 12:59 AM

I expected so much more from the thread title.

bottomset 09-10-2005 02:02 AM

its a good step forward

istewart 09-10-2005 02:08 AM

Good luck man.

09-10-2005 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I expected so much more from the thread title.

[/ QUOTE ]
sorry to disappoint - I will try to come up with more next time, just pour vous

09-10-2005 03:39 AM

SSHE is delicious.

Jaran 09-10-2005 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
its a good step forward

[/ QUOTE ]

As is your new avatar.

-Jaran