Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   A hand for your examination (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=333423)

Buccaneer 09-09-2005 07:20 PM

A hand for your examination

These are your normal .50/1 players. Should I have bet the flop? Raise the turn?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (4.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

PokerSparky 09-09-2005 07:21 PM

Re: A hand for your examination

Bet the flop.

Cap the river.

Hojglad 09-09-2005 07:22 PM

You missed like a billion bets here. Bet the flop. Given that you didn't bet the flop, raise the turn. Cap the river. You have the second nuts. The only street you played properly was pre-flop.

http://www.zalma.com/MONEY_BURNING.jpg

Solovon 09-09-2005 07:23 PM

What are you afraid of on the river? Cap that without hesitation.

Fantam 09-09-2005 07:27 PM

I think that you played this hand perfectly.

The only thing that I would have done differently would have been to cap the river.

You had all the cards in this hand, and slowplaying had to be right. If you had shown more agression on the flop or turn, its likely that your opponents would have folded.

milesdyson 09-09-2005 07:28 PM

if i knew you personally and you posted this hand (real or not), i would kill you.

Hojglad 09-09-2005 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that you played this hand perfectly.

The only thing that I would have done differently would have been to cap the river.

You had all the cards in this hand, and slowplaying had to be right. If you had shown more agression on the flop or turn, its likely that your opponents would have folded.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know that every time one of my opponents bets a flop as the preflop raiser when checked to, I give him credit for the stone cold nuts. They will put you on a boat here like, never. And Mr. "HAHA I HAVE TRIP QUEENS" will think he's being clever by slowplaying.

GTSamIAm 09-09-2005 07:30 PM

Don't slowplay this hand. It's likely someone is willing to pay you off good. If not, don't worry. Plus when you bet it looks like a continuation bet on a scary board.

Aaron W. 09-09-2005 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These are your normal .50/1 players. Should I have bet the flop? Raise the turn?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (4.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting the flop is a good thing. I don't hate that you didn't bet it. But the lack of a turn raise and river cap is absolutely absurd.

Fantam 09-09-2005 07:37 PM

Its possible that someone could have been slowplaying trip Q's.

However I suspect that when all the other players checked the flop, that none of them had anything.

I dont think that slowplaying in this hand was that bad.