Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   My worst mistake ever (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=333107)

MRBAA 09-09-2005 10:36 AM

My worst mistake ever

I wouldn't have thought it would be possible to have one, since I routinely misplay hands in all sorts of ways. But I was wrong.

Foxwoods, 4-8. The game is great -- 6 to the flop for a raise is typical.

Three limpers to me, with 8h9h in cut off. I limp, blinds come, six to a flop of:

3c7hTh

Checked to me, I bet, SB calls, EP player calls. 3 to turn of:

(3c7hTh) Jd

I have the nut str8, I bet, SB raises, EP folds, I three bet, SB calls. We take the river head up:

(3d7hTh Jd) Jh

Oh no the full house is on board. My flush with a 9 in my hand is no good. I check, SB bets, I make a crying call, he shows Ah2h for the nut flush. I muck my hand without showing.

A_C_Slater 09-09-2005 10:40 AM

Re: My worst mistake ever

It will only bother you for about a month.

Moran.

SeaEagle 09-09-2005 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It will only bother you for about a month.

[/ QUOTE ]
No. This will haunt him forever. At his funeral the preacher will say "MRBAA was a nice guy but not always the brightest. An oft-told family story tells about the time he was dealt suited connectors..."

MaxPower 09-09-2005 10:50 AM

Misplaying straight flushes is one of your big leaks [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

A_C_Slater 09-09-2005 10:55 AM

At least you can take solace in the fact that your opponent didn't have a boat and had only a flush and therefore even the donk would stop to think and not go 3-4 bets on a paired board wheras if he had the boat you would have gotten his whole stack.

jskills 09-09-2005 11:07 AM

Your worst mistake ever is calling on river for 1 BB for a total of $8? Not bad.

I don't even think it was that bad a call. The SB could have a had a single J or 89o ...

PTjvs 09-09-2005 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your worst mistake ever is calling on river for 1 BB for a total of $8? Not bad.

I don't even think it was that bad a call. The SB could have a had a single J or 89o ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Id guess his worst mistake was folding the straight flush, but I could be wrong...

TheHammer24 09-09-2005 11:18 AM

How long until you realized you folded the straight flush as opposed to the smaller flush? You missed out on a lot of money there.

Baloosh 09-09-2005 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Ah2h for the nut flush. I muck my hand without showing.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't have the nut flush, but apparently you realized that right before posting this.

/nitpick

sthief09 09-09-2005 01:15 PM

raise preflop and maybe he wouldn't have even been in the hand [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]