Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   TPTK (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=332608)

waynethetrain 09-08-2005 05:17 PM

TPTK

UTG was very loose pre flop and had taken and bet a few weak hands to the river. No read on Button, but he had been at the table for awhile and had probably observed UTG.

I was less worried about the flop play of UTG (though obviously it was possible he hit something because "I" was in the hand this time. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], than I was about the pre-flop raise and flop 3-bet of the button.

I decided to call the two bets, but was really confused about where I stood.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 folds, Button calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG calls $0.50 (All-In), Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (14.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

Watain 09-08-2005 05:28 PM

Re: TPTK

Why donīt raise the turn, since button seems to be slowing down? - Looks like he might have been pumping the flop with an OESD. He would have bet a set or two-pair on the turn...

KQ is also a highly possible holding for him.

waynethetrain 09-08-2005 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why donīt raise the turn, since button seems to be slowing down? - Looks like he might have been pumping the flop with an OESD. He would have bet a set or two-pair on the turn...

[/ QUOTE ]

You are making a very good point. That was the point at which I became baffled. I thought the "3 bet" on the flop against 2 players meant trips or 2 pair much more often than a draw. Then he slowed down.

istewart 09-08-2005 05:53 PM

I'd bet the turn and the river.

ThaHero 09-08-2005 06:01 PM

I would bet the turn and river.

When he slows down I think he may have a flush draw, especially if he is aggressive, or maybe an oesd.

The river club really isn't that much of a scare card on the river, especially against only one opponent. He would cap(I don't think) on the flop with J9 unless it was hearts.

Maybe I'm a little too aggressive, but is a cap on the flop bad for Hero?

shermn27 09-08-2005 06:09 PM

On the flop, I am worried about a set. And I would probably play it the way you did. Not too sure why he slows down. I would look at his showdown cards and make a note about 3 betting a draw or slowing down with a set or something.