Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   A3o got pwned. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=332215)

AdamL 09-08-2005 04:47 AM

A3o got pwned.

SB is LA-A but not too many hands on him, about 25-30. I don't know exactly how to play this correctly.

The table had just died, but plenty of money to be made here still.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Nick C 09-08-2005 05:05 AM

Re: A3o got pwned.

I don't like getting in raising battles with ace-high, no kicker versus a LAG, so I would probably just call the flop, with the idea of maybe calling down unimproved, unless the board got too scary.

The rest seems okay to me, but, annoyingly, the LAG probably checkraised the turn because he just made aces up. That's my guess, anyway, and I'm kind of expecting to be shown A5.

AdamL 09-08-2005 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like getting in raising battles with ace-high, no kicker versus a LAG, so I would probably just call the flop, with the idea of maybe calling down unimproved, unless the board got too scary.

The rest seems okay to me, but, annoyingly, the LAG probably checkraised the turn because he just made aces up. That's my guess, anyway, and I'm kind of expecting to be shown A5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the advice.

Wow, very nice analysis. He did indeed have A5. How could you tell?

Nytecaster 09-08-2005 05:15 AM

If he's tricky he will check-raise the turn as a pure Ace bluff so you can't put anything on the villian if he is. I would call down a habitual check-raise bluffer but not one that doesn't check-raise as a bluff. If he can semi-bluff a check raise and you don't think he's completed a hand, you call the river too, which I think you do anyway if you call the turn. This is the only instance I would not fold to a LAG with this type of action.

AdamL 09-08-2005 05:19 AM

I was actually almost inclined to check through the turn and call/bet the river. The check was really creepy from him.

Nick C 09-08-2005 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He did indeed have A5. How could you tell?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a guess, and the thread title helped.

But, anyway, people who checkraise the turn after having put in the last raise on the flop have often improved dramatically. A5 seemed like the hand that would've shown the most improvement.

MATT111 09-08-2005 06:09 AM

If you intend to raise anything on the flop why don`t you 3-bet him preflop.

aK13 09-08-2005 06:36 AM

I think you should 3bet or fold preflop.

09-08-2005 08:34 AM

I'd fold pre flop.

gobboboy 09-08-2005 11:13 AM

Yes, blind defense at low limits is pointless. Fish throw you bb's when they start to get bored. Don't be throwing them back when you're pissed that someone would try to steal your blind.