Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Typical Hand for me, anything? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=332108)

Doc7 09-08-2005 12:34 AM

Typical Hand for me, anything?

Been at this table for 10 hands, both players to see the turn/river have seen 7 flops already but other than that I don't have reads (so for all intents and purposes, no reads)
Even if I had any sort of read, this is probably the same way the hand would have played out. Anything wrong with this or boring hand?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.05.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

I expect an Ace, but have 2nd nut flush draw, with 4:1 pot odds.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Bet here or checking fine?

River: (6.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, Button folds.

I call expecting to see an ace, but with 2nd pair top kicker can I fold 6.5:1 on the river, with one to act behind?

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

DoomSlice 09-08-2005 12:41 AM

Re: Typical Hand for me, anything?

6.5BB isn't big. Fold!

closer2313 09-08-2005 12:42 AM

You gotta raise that preflop.

TripleH68 09-08-2005 12:43 AM

Easy preflop raise.

hemstock 09-08-2005 12:48 AM

Hey doc. How's it going?
Raise KQs preflop.
On the flop you have an equity edge so 3-bet to maximize it. The hand plays different after that. You can take a free card on the turn if you don't make your flush, or call if someone bets into you and according to the pot size you might concider a call at the end.

Doc7 09-08-2005 12:51 AM

oh I was going to post that, sorry...A kid from the room next door was complaining to me about something or the other that happened to him at a frat house, and I only had about 3/4ths of my attention on the screen, hence the lack of PFR

edit; also, SSHE, which i'm still following preflop pretty closely, only have 6-something thousand hands under my belt, doesn't recommend raising early with this hand

TripleH68 09-08-2005 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SSHE, which i'm still following preflop pretty closely, only have 6-something thousand hands under my belt, doesn't recommend raising early with this hand

[/ QUOTE ]

You are in late position with a poster in EP?
This is a great spot to be raising KQs.

09-08-2005 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
edit; also, SSHE, which i'm still following preflop pretty closely, only have 6-something thousand hands under my belt, doesn't recommend raising early with this hand

[/ QUOTE ]

On page 82 of SSHE, I see for Early Position "Raise: ... KQs-KJs"

Doc7 09-08-2005 01:07 AM

Page 82 is in the "loose" section, this is poker stars at 12:30 AM, my table is around 45% saw-flop, which qualifies as "tight" relative to 'average' .05/.10.

Maybe that's another problem I have...

Doc7 09-08-2005 01:08 AM

god DANG it, it's a raise in LP in tight too!
Well, like I said, I was talking to a guy in my room, which is my own damned fault.

However, I still generally follow the "tight" guidelines when the saw-flop percentage is &lt;50% at this limit, that part of my post is true, and a possible problem...