Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Required reading over in HUSH (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=331640)

MrWookie47 09-07-2005 02:24 PM

Required reading over in HUSH

Blind defense questions? Start here.

Just to restate, this is an awesome thread with some spectacular contributions from all posters.

MrWookie47 09-07-2005 02:55 PM

Re: Required reading over in HUSH

And here's another one worth thinking about.

Fantam 09-07-2005 03:39 PM

Nice threads. I have added the blind defence thread to my favourites.

Also a very good post about WA/WB and giving free cards by DMBFan23 in the 2nd thread.

Thanks Wookie [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

teajay 09-07-2005 04:18 PM

Thanks wookie. Two great posts, and I seldomly go over to HUSH.

Saint_D 09-07-2005 07:36 PM

First, Keep sorting the good ones for us. A valuable service.

Second, How much do you think blind defense should be considered at the Micro limits? How often is the guy "making a move" when he raised OTB when you are BB and it's been folded to him?

Say button is 25/5/1.0 after 100 hands. Pretty passive.

Part Poker .5/1 10 handed
Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
pre-flop: 7 folds, <font color="blue">Button raises</font>, sb folds, <font color="red">Hero ???</font>.

MrWookie47 09-07-2005 07:45 PM

Against this guy, I'm leaning towards folding this. I don't think this guy is stealing all that often, and domination is only fun in the bedroom. I'd rather have T9o, I think.

Paxosmotic 09-07-2005 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Against this guy, I'm leaning towards folding this. I don't think this guy is stealing all that often, and domination is only fun in the bedroom. I'd rather have T9o, I think.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm working on putting together a little 6max hand chart. It completely and totally steals the UTG-&gt;BU requirements from the popular chart, and I used your recommendations for fold to steal to pencil in the blinds. Would you be willing to take a look at it and see if I'm heading in the right direction? I'm comfortable with my 6max improvisation, but I have a feeling I'm making a lot of -EV plays and missing some +EVs while I blindly feel my way around.

Caveat : When I say chart, I mean messily written out in shorthand, I haven't photoshopped it yet.

Entity 09-08-2005 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Second, How much do you think blind defense should be considered at the Micro limits? How often is the guy "making a move" when he raised OTB when you are BB and it's been folded to him?

Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
pre-flop: 7 folds, <font color="blue">Button raises</font>, sb folds, <font color="red">Hero ???</font>.

[/ QUOTE ]

I need a postflop read more than a preflop read before I want to defend this. On what types of flops can I c/r air and get him to fold AT?

Saint_D 09-08-2005 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I need a postflop read more than a preflop read before I want to defend this. On what types of flops can I c/r air and get him to fold AT?

[/ QUOTE ]

He likes to call down. You might get him to fold on paired flop he misses. If he has a pocket pair he will never fold.

thesharpie 09-15-2005 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He likes to call down. You might get him to fold on paired flop he misses. If he has a pocket pair he will never fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Woudln't he be more likely to call down on a paired flop since he thinks you're bluffing? I would be.