Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   One, two, three bullets (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=331612)

xcrack999 09-07-2005 01:51 PM

One, two, three bullets

Villain is LAG, but not a calling station. (WTSD% of 22, hasn't seen him show down crap hands) He's also tricky sometimes. One time, he called a flop bet by preflop raiser with nothing to steal the pot on the turn.
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Hero ($120.45)
UTG ($259.75)
Button ($118.15)
SB ($84.45)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB (poster) completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($2) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.55</font>, SB calls $1.55.

I thought it was possible that he had nothing. He could also have an overpair, thinking that he could trap me. An eight, a low pair, or a straight draw were also possible.

Turn: ($5.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, SB calls $4.

Ok, he probably has a pair not believing that I have an eight, or maybe he has an eight himself slowplaying, or a draw.

River: ($13.10) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>

Is he folding an overpair to three bullets? Did I convince him that I have an eight? Thanks for any comments.

EDIT: And I haven't done anything stupid since I sat down. If he was paying attention, he would know that I was playing pretty tight. I was definitely going to show my hand if he folded.

JustToast 09-07-2005 02:18 PM

Re: One, two, three bullets

I can see betting the flop to get it over with (you probably lead this crappy board).

I can see betting the turn in position to represent the 8... but when he calls... doh.

I can't see betting the river. I check behind. That board doesn't have a lot of good draws, he has something here.

TheRegulat0r 09-07-2005 02:31 PM

The only reason you would want to bet is if you think he has maybe A4 or 55-77, and he is capable of folding them. There are obviously no worse hands than yours that call. I think he has a busted draw or a hand he's not folding way too often to make that river bet good.

ajmargarine 09-07-2005 02:36 PM

Yuck. Big picture, you spent $15.55 to win a $2 pot with basically 7 outs the whole way. Kinda ugly, no?