Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Flop too aggressive? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=331261)

MyssGuy 09-07-2005 12:22 AM

Flop too aggressive?

Villian is 39/11/1.8

Is the flop raise too aggressive?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises????</font>

MyssGuy 09-07-2005 10:03 AM

Lost on the flop.....

-- BUMP --

Few questions:
Raise because I may be ahead?
Raise for a free turn in I don't improve?
Call and fold the turn UI?
Fold because I've missed completely and just have overs?

I've had my first big downswing (220BB) and I've lost my focus. For the first time in a while I feel lost. In this example, the villian's played fairly straight forward but will occasionally get tricky. I'm not sure what my line should be....

09-07-2005 10:17 AM

Re: Flop too aggressive?

Unless you have a player-specific read, UTG's action looks like a T or a medium pocket pair. I don't mind the flop raise, but you need to be done with the hand after that if he calls and you dont improve.

aslowjoe 09-07-2005 11:41 AM

Re: Lost on the flop.....

Sorry to hear about your downturn. Keep working it will change.
BB is betting into a pre flop raiser and a 3bettor. That is interesting. I was going to say raise the flop but I think that I have changed my mine. BB has to expect to be raised so he must have a hand already and is ready to 3bet the flop.
Check call the flop.

MyssGuy 09-07-2005 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villian is 39/11/1.8

Is the flop raise too aggressive?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG raises, Hero 3-bets, 3 folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)
BB bets, UTG folds, Hero raises????

[/ QUOTE ] BB has to expect to be raised so he must have a hand already and is ready to 3bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I raised and Villian calls. Turn is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. It is checked to me, I check UI. River is the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Villian bets, Hero????

aslowjoe 09-07-2005 12:19 PM

I fold. If he was semi bluffing his draw came otherwise he has to have a pair.

Haupt_234 09-07-2005 12:27 PM

Re: Flop too aggressive?

What is your read on UTG? With no read, I fold preflop.

Haupt_234