Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Cap PF on blind steal, fold for 1SB on flop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=330608)

JrJordan 09-06-2005 05:32 AM

Cap PF on blind steal, fold for 1SB on flop

Villain is a smart, solid TAG player. Defends blinds well and can be quite aggressive in doing so. He's aware that I'm TAG as well and can adjust accordingly.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5 BB

Does he have a PP&lt;99 often enough to raise here and pray he folds for a single bet?

helpmeout 09-06-2005 05:49 AM

Re: Cap PF on blind steal, fold for 1SB on flop

I dont cap here I'd cap with 88/99 if he is an agro 3bettor.

Not much you can do about that flop best to fold most 3bet hands have an A or a K if he has a pair he will probably fold but pot is 5BB you gotta put another 1BB in it he will also call with a Q or a J in his hand forcing you to check/fold if he bets turn or river.

So I doubt your odds are good enough.

Ehh pokerstove

AA-66, AKs-A7s, KQs-K9s, QJs-Q9s, JTs, T9s, AKo-A8o, KQo-KTo, QJo-QTo, JTo

vs 66 on that board

90%/10% so yeah easy fold.

Danenania 09-06-2005 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Does he have a PP&lt;99 often enough to raise here and pray he folds for a single bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. You capped preflop and he bets into you on this flop. That should send a message.

thesharpie 09-06-2005 06:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting 5 to 1 on it, if he defends every pair and every broadway and A6+/K9 he's about 1 to 4 of having an underpair (if my quick math isn't off). Problem is we don't know if he defends every pair and don't know whether he'll fold them. I don't really like the preflop cap.

Edit: Forgot about the fact him leading into this board makes it less likely he has an underpair.

bugstud 09-06-2005 06:20 AM

if you really wish to try to knock him off the hand call the flop and if he checks steal it.

TheMetetron 09-06-2005 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you really wish to try to knock him off the hand call the flop and if he checks steal it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I dislike playing against this man ever.

Doing exactly this will knock me off of any underpair almost every time. And I'm going to usually check them on the turn, as he is pointing out.

Your best chance to "steal" the pot is to check and bet if checked to on the turn if he really is as good as you say.