Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Ultimate Bet (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=330546)

09-06-2005 02:35 AM

Ultimate Bet

Has anyone beat UB for at least 30K hands?

nomadtla 09-06-2005 02:56 AM

Re: Ultimate Bet

my reply would be not me but I played there for over a year and this thread here changed my views. As an ex of the site I say save the headache there are much better sites.

09-06-2005 03:41 AM

Im guessing that the SSH way fails us here. WHY! ?

nomadtla 09-06-2005 04:22 AM

Because most of the players are weak/tight they don't pay you off enough for agressive plays. They also have a pretty ugly rake for the micros. Also because of the weaktightness they never let you know you're beat, so you stay agressive with something like KT on a Kxxxx board and they show you KQ or AK never once raising with it. the rake + the fact that players don't pay you off + a lot of marginal hands lose to domination and you never know it and play it right (from your perspective) = -Expected Value. It's not unbeatable by any means but their is just much more profitable sites out there so why waste the time.

Though I will admit their Software and Tournamtent Structures are fantastic and I still play those sometimes. But the micros are just not your best bet.

thesharpie 09-06-2005 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone beat UB for at least 30K hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they switched to another site before playing 30k.

09-06-2005 03:27 PM

I know I need to leave this site, but I have to decided to play 20K more.

My question is : What adjustments would you make to beat these conditions?

@bsolute_luck 09-06-2005 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know I need to leave this site, but I have to decided to play 20K more.

My question is : What adjustments would you make to beat these conditions?

[/ QUOTE ]

go on comical tilt and start playing crap hands, as i destroyed the weak-tighties raising/3-betting junk as it is my proven hypothesis UB rewards crappy hands [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

(see our original designated NC "called me down w/ Jack-high" posts for proof [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

09-06-2005 03:32 PM

On UB I continuation bet on the flop a lot more. I also bluff raise more on scare cards.

Ivanapolis 09-06-2005 03:40 PM

I played UB at miscellaneous limits (-,50/1 - 5/10) and I won about 2700,-- in about 43000 games. Good to play there, and it's no disadvantage that u don't have the same adjustments that u have at party poker (automaticly saved at PT; buddy list - shitty at UB - u have to start additional programm...), course I think the other players also don't care.

WSOP Bound 09-06-2005 03:45 PM

Yes. I managed to win a whopping .1BB/100 over the course of 37K hands.