Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   75c in the BB (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=330012)

peterchi 09-05-2005 09:52 AM

75c in the BB

Same 10/20 live game at Greektown. It's loosened up a bit.
UTG+1 is slightly loose-aggressive
UTG+2 is slightly loose-passive
MP1 is loose-passive
Button seems average

I don't know what I'm doing. Did I get any street right? Give me a better line.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

River: (12.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero check-folds

09-05-2005 10:07 AM

Re: 75c in the BB

That seems like just a perfect play. Standard call preflop. Bets for value on the flop since the preflop raiser is on your right, hoping he will raise the flop and more $ for you.

The call on the turn is standard, a raise behind you is nothing to worry about. You have nothing on the river, obviously you should fold.

Nice hand.

Kevroc 09-05-2005 10:27 AM

really? the PF betting is reopened behind you, i dont like the defend there. maybe i'm missing something?

09-05-2005 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
really? the PF betting is reopened behind you, i dont like the defend there. maybe i'm missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what you mean, maybe the terminology is confusing me, but do you mean we should bet the turn? Well, it would not be a disaster, especially not if everybode calls, in that case it's quite nice with a bet. But if a couple of them folds and the button raises or something like that, your bet was not for value. If the river is a 4 or a 9, hero will definitely win. Otherwise he will lose. To me, a check/call is obvious, and I'm quite sure somebody will bet that turn. The odds against making the straight is 4.88-to-1.

peterchi 09-05-2005 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what you mean, maybe the terminology is confusing me, but do you mean we should bet the turn? Well, it would not be a disaster, especially not if everybode calls, in that case it's quite nice with a bet. But if a couple of them folds and the button raises or something like that, your bet was not for value. If the river is a 4 or a 9, hero will definitely win. Otherwise he will lose. To me, a check/call is obvious, and I'm quite sure somebody will bet that turn. The odds against making the straight is 4.88-to-1.

[/ QUOTE ]
He's actually talking about my pre-flop call.

This call is very standard for me. If it's wrong, I need to hear why.

09-05-2005 11:14 AM

Aha okey, my bad. The preflop call is obviously correct, a blunder if you fold that. Assuming the limpers call (why wouldn't they), the pot is laying you 9-1. A standard call with a suited one-gap connector. And in the case you flop a strong open-ended straight draw or a flush draw, it's a perfect situation betting for value on the flop, with the preflop raiser to your right; just like we saw in this hand.

Kevroc 09-05-2005 12:01 PM

good point guys, i just dont like calling when it can be raised again behind me and i only have 7 high.

on the other hand the odds are great, my hand is most likely live and well concealed however...

7 high out of position , ugh , its just hard for me to push the call button [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Redd 09-05-2005 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He's actually talking about my pre-flop call.

This call is very standard for me. If it's wrong, I need to hear why.

[/ QUOTE ]

The pf call is fine. A limp-reraise is quite unlikely, and we're usually going to be getting 8:1 on a call.

Kevroc 09-05-2005 12:54 PM

yet another reminder to count the pot before making snap judgements... always learning... thanks guys