Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   If an equivalent natural disaster occurred in Seattle (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=328320)

zipo 09-02-2005 12:44 PM

If an equivalent natural disaster occurred in Seattle

or Portland, OR, would we have seen lawlessness (i.e. an orgy of rape, murder, looting, arson, etc.) and anarchy break out on the same scale as what we are now witnessing in New Orleans?

Discuss.

FishHooks 09-02-2005 12:48 PM

Re: If an equivalent natural disaster occurred in Seattle

If that space needle was blown off by a disaster that could be one dangerous weapon.

tek 09-02-2005 12:50 PM

No, of course not. In Seattle they would grab their laptops and leave town and blog when it wsn't their turn to drive.

In Portland, they would grab their weed stash and leave town and think they were blogging.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

FishHooks 09-02-2005 12:54 PM

Haha When those Starbucks get taken out they might loose their internet connection.

cadillac1234 09-02-2005 01:00 PM

We all know how orderly and behaved Seattle was during the last G8 Summit held there.

JackWhite 09-02-2005 01:01 PM

I am sure you are going to be called a racist for this post. People will imply you don't think things would be as bad (looting, shooting, rape) in the Pacific Northwest because there are fewer black people. After all..when in doubt, call somebody a racist.

JackWhite 09-02-2005 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We all know how orderly and behaved Seattle was during the last G8 Summit held there.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many of those people were violent ultra-leftists from other places? Not all those people were from Seattle. That protest had been planned for a long time.

cadillac1234 09-02-2005 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am sure you are going to be called a racist for this post. People will imply you don't think things would be as bad (looting, shooting, rape) in the Pacific Northwest because there are fewer black people. After all..when in doubt, call somebody a racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously you've never been to Tacoma...

cardcounter0 09-02-2005 01:19 PM

In Seattle or Portland OR, for that matter, will the women show me their tits if I throw them some beads?

fluff 09-02-2005 01:22 PM

I live in Seattle. Honestly I don't know. But seeing what is going on in NO, me and the wife talked about getting a serious emergency kit. Nothing fancy, couple of gallons of water, some canned goods, flash light, radio, AK-47 with at least 500 rounds.