Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   If you are schocked about NO so far.... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=328317)

Arnfinn Madsen 09-02-2005 12:41 PM

If you are schocked about NO so far....

A Norwegian guy joined some volunteers with a boat going into New Orleans to evacuate people. They were there for two days, but did not see one government boat evacuating anyone. They managed to evacuate 120 people, some of them very ill, but when they went to the hospital armed guards denied them entry, so they had to leave the ill people in the street.

jokerthief 09-02-2005 12:54 PM

Re: If you are schocked about NO so far....

Heads need to roll because of this. This almost seem to be purposeful.

kenberman 09-02-2005 12:54 PM

interesting article about what would happen if an unexpected attack occured to a major us city.

web page

been side a hundred times already, but it's clear the US federal agencies were, and are, disgustingly ill prepared for an event like this.

jakethebake 09-02-2005 12:56 PM

I don't discredit what you say entirely. But you probably got it at least second or third hand. Chances are the hospital in question was already completely overwhelmed and has had no choice but to turn away all but the most serious cases.

cadillac1234 09-02-2005 01:08 PM

On MSNBC they have a story about of group of 250 tourists that tried to evac NOLA enmasse via a bridge into Kenner.

They were not allowed to cross the bridge and had warning shots fired in the air when they tried to question it.

A local resident felt sorry for them and led them around a back route into a shelter in Kenner.

Arnfinn Madsen 09-02-2005 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't discredit what you say entirely. But you probably got it at least second or third hand. Chances are the hospital in question was already completely overwhelmed and has had no choice but to turn away all but the most serious cases.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard it directly from this guy.

highlife 09-02-2005 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, sounds completely credible.

jakethebake 09-02-2005 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still guessing that every bed, chair, gurney and inch of floorspace in that place was full and the doctors had been on for 48 hours straight.

Jurollo 09-02-2005 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still guessing that every bed, chair, gurney and inch of floorspace in that place was full and the doctors had been on for 48 hours straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was an interview witha doctor who left the superdome because he feared for his life. They are averaging 3 murders, 6 rapes and even more violence in the superdome area alone is hampering the evacuation process exponentially. If we only had more troops on US soil to come help with this. (Needless political anti-war propaganda)
~Justin

jakethebake 09-02-2005 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If we only had more troops on US soil to come help with this. (Needless political anti-war propaganda) ~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

Needless and ridiculous. There are plenty of troops on US soil.