Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AK in SB, $100NL (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=327943)

CourtesyFlush 09-01-2005 09:21 PM

AK in SB, $100NL

What's my play here? UTG was a fairly tight solid player, not sure about MP.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

UTG ($202.28)
MP ($105.09)
CO ($105.90)
Button ($138.68)
SB ($100.55)
Hero ($151.10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $4</font>, MP calls $4, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $3.

Flop: ($12.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Hero ?

What is my move and why?

xorbie 09-01-2005 09:43 PM

Re: AK in SB, $100NL

My standard is check/call lead turn.

09-01-2005 10:12 PM

so then you put him on pp?

UOPokerPlayer 09-01-2005 10:46 PM

I like betting ten and folding to big action. You only beat AQ, AJ and a flush draw here. Check-raising is I guess an option but I don't like it. Don't want to give the free card and I don't see a worse hand calling your check-raise, flush-draw-gutshot maybe.

UOPokerPlayer 09-01-2005 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is this better than leading, you risk it getting checked around and there is about half the deck I don't want to see.

Edit: What about check-call, check-call, blocker if you want to check the flop?

xorbie 09-01-2005 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is this better than leading, you risk it getting checked around and there is about half the deck I don't want to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this flop is getting checked around. Betting will just induce a raise from almost any hand UTG has, bloating the pot without giving you much informtation.

ajmargarine 09-01-2005 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this flop is getting checked around. Betting will just induce a raise from almost any hand UTG has, bloating the pot without giving you much informtation.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. Hero checks, UTG bets $12, MP folds, Hero calls $12.
Turn brings a 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero bets what with a $36 pot? $25? And when UTG raises that to $60, what does Hero do?

xorbie 09-01-2005 11:55 PM

This depends on UTG. The idea is that he's less likely to raise a nice hefty bet on the turn without a set, whereas he'll raise the flop with AJ for sure, and possibly AQ. He'll also bet the flop with AQ, AJ, TT, QQ and so on, so we get more value that way.

LethalRose 09-02-2005 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and what information does check/calling leading the turn and getting raised give us? easy fold?

im somewhat confused what you mean by "value" you're either killed in this hand or you're winning a small pot.

xorbie 09-02-2005 12:25 AM

When did I say value?