Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Reasonable resteal? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=327883)

SoBeDude 09-01-2005 07:31 PM

Reasonable resteal?

26 left in the Paradise 50K. I'm about the middle of the pack after losing two hands in a row (was 6th in chips 3 hands ago).

Here's two back to back hands to discuss.

Blinds 4k/8k 400 ante. I have 125K, am leader at table and about 10th overall in chips.

I raised (3x BB) to 24K with QJs in UTG in a 9-handed table, folded to lp short-stack who reraises all-in to 50K. I'm getting over 3-1 on my call so I call. he turns over 77 that holds and he doubles through me.

Here is the next hand: Blinds 4k/8k. The player to my immediate right is aggressive and in the last few rounds has scooped a few nice pots. He's now aggressive and raising liberally. Seems a decent player.

Folded to him, and he min-raises me in the SB. I have 86h in the BB and shove all in over the top. So he has 16K in the pot, and I shove it to 66K. He has me covered, starting the hand with 101K.

U like the play or no? (and why)

-Scott

LethalRose 09-01-2005 07:42 PM

Re: Reasonable resteal?

I think unless he has made this move on your blind before I fold. Also whats a minraise from this guy mean? does he have a hand or want you to call and/or push or does he want your blind? Has he folded to people restealing in the past?

if i want your blind, im not going to minraise unless i think you are playing incredibly weak tight. I more likely push.

woodguy 09-01-2005 07:47 PM

I think I'm getting weak tight, but I had a great August and most of it was due to getting my chips in when I had a good spot.

I don't think this is a good spot.

\Min-raises usually are strength (although I don't play dise much anymore so I don't know what is standard there).

When you say he was aggro, was it with min-raises?

Even though I'm close to 10BB's, I call and take a flop and play the rest of the hand in position (albeit with probably only one move postflop, maybe two)

Another lesson I learned in August was that I'm really not super desperate until I'm 5-6 BB's without antes and 7-8 with antes, so although your call will essentially give you one post flop move, I still don't push here.

I also fold QJ UTG at a full table.

Regards,
Woodguy

gobboboy 09-01-2005 08:04 PM

I actually call this and see a flop. You're getting 3 to 1 and 86h is actually quite strong heads up if you hit a pair, straight draw, or flush draw. Your chip stack isn't low enough where you push here.

TakenItEasy 09-01-2005 08:14 PM

I don't like the resteal because:

He can afford to call,
his minraise looks dangerous,
but mostly you look tilty with 3 losses in a row.

SoBeDude 09-01-2005 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the resteal because:

He can afford to call,
his minraise looks dangerous,
but mostly you look tilty with 3 losses in a row.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is part of the reason why I posted the hand before as well. I think you're right and my push is bad.

I should have called and looked at the flop and gone from there.

-Scott