Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Bubble - hero is behemoth (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=327376)

Scuba Chuck 09-01-2005 04:16 AM

Bubble - hero is behemoth

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter

UTG (t1346)
Button (t1834)
SB (t710)
Hero (t4110)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Two cards
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t500</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t300.

Flop: (t1100) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t3610 (All-In)</font>

<font color="blue"> Thoughts? </font>

HesseJam 09-01-2005 04:41 AM

Re: Bubble - hero is behemoth

Doesn't this mostly depend on how you played the previous hands and how villain played his?

If you do not bluff, with what kind of hands would you call the pf raise and not reraise?

If you had a J, would you go all-in?

If I was villain, and had no other reads I would put you on either a bluff or a heart draw. Since you called preflop the heart draw should be something like AT, KQ or KT. So, if i have any of these cards I probably call your all-in to make a move towrds first place. Otherwise, I muck and try to play ITM.

Taraz 09-01-2005 05:53 AM

What level is this? I generally like this kind of move if you know that the button is capable of folding. Most people are too scared of busting out in 4th to call. Besides even if you lose this hand you're still in 1st.

handsome 09-01-2005 06:17 AM

Typical bubble move, works in all levels.

09-01-2005 06:18 AM

A smaller raise might work better - more believable.

I mean smaller flop bet.

HesseJam 09-01-2005 06:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Besides even if you lose this hand you're still in 1st.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is that?

bennies 09-01-2005 06:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't this mostly depend on how you played the previous hands and how villain played his?

If you do not bluff, with what kind of hands would you call the pf raise and not reraise?

If you had a J, would you go all-in?

If I was villain, and had no other reads I would put you on either a bluff or a heart draw. Since you called preflop the heart draw should be something like AT, KQ or KT. So, if i have any of these cards I probably call your all-in to make a move towrds first place. Otherwise, I muck and try to play ITM.

[/ QUOTE ]

what HesseJam said. The flop is bad for this because you don't have much to represent. Villain could put you on a heart draw or a low pocket pair and that's it.

Still, it's only 1100 to win 1100 and even if you are called you probably have outs. For me, it's close... hmmmm... but I probably wouldn't risk my chiplead = bully power.

09-01-2005 06:59 AM

Even if villain puts hero on not much it's still awful hard for him to call without something solid himself.

bennies 09-01-2005 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if villain puts hero on not much it's still awful hard for him to call without something solid himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. What will he call with then?

A pocket pair? Yes. How often does he have this, I'd say 30% of the time.

A Jack? Yes. He has a Jack 8% of the time.

High cards. ?? He has high cards the rest of the time (62%), the question is how often he will call with these. If he folds them mostly then I think we have a winning play. If he calls mostly then we lose.

Do you agree? (And how often does he call with high cards?)

1C5 09-01-2005 07:29 AM

That works and also reraising all in PF will work on decent players a lot of the time, it will cause them to fold.